Website Peterson CAT
It’s your time, make it matter.
At Peterson, we partner with our customers to build the future. For over 85 years, our peoples’ work has shaped the communities where we live, where we raise our families, and where we thrive. Peterson’s legacy permeates every aspect of our communities. From roads and bridges, back-up power at hospitals, fire-fighting, concerts and moving goods; we are everywhere you look. At Peterson, you don’t just have a career, you have a purpose.
Our family-oriented environment is built on safety, winning, growth, and professional achievement. Hiring and developing exceptional people is critical to our continued success. We have high standards for a good reason: our people represent Peterson, our family, our brand, and our values.
You have high expectations too. You are exceptionally motivated, have outstanding skills, and want your work to matter. Peterson offers competitive wages, generous benefits, and promotional opportunities at a family-owned and operated business. It’s time to use your skills and passion to do work that matters!
Peterson Cat is hiring an experienced Warehouse Worker at our Redmond, OR location.
The Warehouse Worker I stocks, locates, and provides parts to internal and external customers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign the functions to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Job functions include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Remove parts and components from shipping containers and place them in the proper location.
- Remove parts from storage to fill customer orders, parts counter requests, and service department requests.
- Build hoses per customer verbal instructions, written directions, or physical samples.
- Process parts returns and restock in proper location.
- Perform inventory counts as directed.
- Operates lift truck or uses hand truck to move, convey, or hoist shipments from shipping and receiving platform to trucks, storage, or work areas.
- Maintains punctual, regular, and predictable attendance.
- Work overtime as needed and within labor law guidelines.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assist in other department activities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Occasionally operate company vehicle to transport parts to customers or jobsites.
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
- Displays excellent communication skills including presentation, persuasion, and negotiation skills required in working with customers/ coworkers, including the ability to communicate effectively and remain calm and courteous under pressure.
- Respectfully takes direction from supervisor/manager.
This position serves in the capacity of the Warehouse Worker I. General discretion and judgment are exercised routinely in the execution of job duties. If errors in judgment or professional execution of responsibilities are made, the consequences to the Department can be serious.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, safely and in alignment with Peterson’s core values. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and a minimum of one year of experience in parts or warehouse work, preferably in a heavy industrial environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Lift Truck Operator Certificate and or Hazardous Materials Certification desired. Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
Peterson Machinery Co. is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. A drug screen and background check is required.
To apply for this job please visit petersonholding.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.