WHY DO WE NEED YOU ?
What’s the job?
In this hands-on technical leadership role, you will manage an assigned team of professional maintenance personnel for the CertainTeed Gypsum Finishing Corner Production Plant in Bend, Oregon.
The Maintenance Manager collaborates with manufacturing, logistics, and engineering partners to enable and ensure maximum equipment and facilities capacity, efficiency, and productivity. They are highly competent and comprehend complex operations and optimize day-to-day activities while minimizing costs and sustaining employee wellbeing. Additionally, they work on and lead capital projects, automation initiatives, and continuous improvement activities. As the Maintenance Manager, you will also:
- Ensure maintenance activities are carried out in compliance with all environmental, health, and safety requirements, policies, and procedures.
- Improve plant availability, asset utilization, efficiency and capability by implementing proven professional maintenance and reliability centered maintenance techniques.
- Promote accountability with a focus on training and gaining knowledge for self and assigned staff.
- Represent the technical resource and hands-on support for all automation activities including VFD, PLC, HMI, Panel Meters, Stepper and Servo motors, and various sensors / output device support.
- Oversee trades and crafts daily work such as welding, fabrication, machining, and electrical.
IS THIS JOB FOR YOU ?
What do you bring?
Maintenance Manager applicants must meet the following qualifications to apply:
- 7+ years professional experience in progressive roles AND knowledge of plant engineering / maintenance disciplines such as automated control systems, programmable logic controllers, safety regulations and practices, preferably in a continuous 24/7 manufacturing environment. A technical degree with less experience may be considered.
- Possession of Oregon State PS, PJ, or LME electrical license (required within first year of employment).
- Experience with crafts and trades roles such as welding fabrication, machining, and electrical.
- Proficient with CAD software, GD&T principles, Line Drawings, Ladder Diagrams, P&ID, and other professional documents such as prints, plans, and schematics.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with all levels of organization.
- Profound talents demonstrated in project management.
- Experience with continual improvement tools such as LEAN, TPM, and Six Sigma (preferred)·
A LITTLE MORE ABOUT US
Why work for us?
At Saint-Gobain, our employees have pride in belonging to an organization whose culture is made up of these core values: Trust, Empowerment, & Collaboration. Our company encourages diversity and inclusion in all its forms while our products make the world a more beautiful, safer, and sustainable home.
To apply for this job please visit joinus.saint-gobain.com.