Website Helen of Troy
Join our Quality & Compliance team at Helen of Troy as our Compliance Specialist (hybrid work onsite and from home), and make an immediate impact on our trusted brands: OXO, Hydro Flask, Osprey, Honeywell, PUR, Braun, Vicks, Hot Tools, Drybar, Curlsmith, and Revlon. Together, we build innovative and useful products that elevate people’s lives everywhere every day!
Look around your home, and you’ll find us everywhere:
In your kitchen, living room, bedroom, and bathroom. We are already making your everyday lives better. We are powered by knowledgeable, enthusiastic, and forward-thinking people committed to developing a culture of inclusion. Whether you are just starting your career or in need of a challenge, we recognize, develop, and empower talent!
What you will be doing:
The Compliance Specialist’s role is to work to submit testing for new products, product expirations, and material/process changes to meet market-specific testing requirements. The process will include reviewing and approving quotations to ensure costs are within the approved Compliance Budget, sample coordination, and filling out the Test request form.
Upload all active third-party lab test reports, Factory BOMs, and Regulatory Standards in the product database for records.
Work cross-functionally with Product Teams and Sales to support any compliance-related tasks and communicate any product issues/concerns. Build Documents of Conformity for all OXO and Hydro Flask products.
- Connect suppliers to third-party labs for testing.
- Finalize test request form.
- Get preliminary quote from lab.
- Approve final quote.
- Review test reports and upload into database.
- Work with lab on any report revisions as necessary.
- Check database for previous testing history.
- Monitor report expirations in database on a regular basis.
- Upload test report into database.
- Plan out re-testing plan on quarterly basis.
- Keeping abreast of legislative changes, guidelines, US and EU regulatory data to ensure compliance and standard process is always followed through.
- Ensure that product safety related matters are addressed during product development.
- Coordinate the review and approval of new and existing products for compliance with applicable standards.
- Coordinate response to customers regarding product safety related inquiries.
- Attend webinars hosted by third party labs.
- Review and approve product manuals and product literature.
- Work cross functionally with all product teams during product launch cycle.
- Set upbi-weekly calls with third party labs to review projects and any outstanding issues.
- Policy creation/sop maintain and update as needed.
- Manage price sheets for labs.
- Communicate with apo & product teams to identify specific market compliance testing requirements.
- Audit all oxo claims and assure testing is conducted to support claims via third party testing.
- Maintain records of all testing in the database and assure all claims on product retail packaging is tested for.
Skills Needed to be Successful:
- Strong ability to lead multiple projects.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Works well under intense pressure.
- Ability to interpret technical information.
- Ability to work across a variety of departments and time zones.
- Ability to communicate testing status and where there are gaps.
- Proficiency in writing, speaking, and reading in English.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 1-2 years of experience with consumer product/material safety compliance program management experience.
- Mastery of MS Word.
- Moderate knowledge of MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge and experience with regulatory testing (chemical and labeling).
- Knowledge of product compliance processes and the interplay with global supply chains.
- Experience with global regulatory requirements such as CPSIA, FDA, CCPSA, RSL, REACH, ASTM, etc.
- A mix of compliance and project management experience
- Must have experience writing and editing on either a public or Internal/organizational level.
- Must have experience with technical or fact-based writing.
- Must have experience with maintaining a library of documents in databases.
Wondering if you should apply? Helen of Troy welcomes people as diverse as our brands. Have the confidence to come as who you are because your point of view, skills, and experience will make us stronger. If you’re eager to share new ideas and try new things, we want to hear from you.
Helen of Troy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to developing a diverse workforce and cultivating an inclusive environment. We value diversity and believe that we are strengthened by the differences in our experiences, thinking, culture and background. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any protected basis.
We will provide individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application process. If you would like to request an accommodation, please contact Human Resources at (915) 225-8000.
Incorporated in 1968, Helen of Troy has grown into a leading global consumer products company with career opportunities in North America, South America, Europe and Asia. We offer creative solutions for our customers through a diversified portfolio of well-recognized and widely trusted brands, including OXO®, Hydro Flask®, Osprey®, Honeywell®, PUR®, Braun®, Vicks®, Hot Tools®, Drybar®. Most of these brands rank #1 or #2 in their respective categories.
We boldly bring brands into our family, where we nurture what makes them great. We collaborate internally and externally, always striving to provide the consumer-centric innovation, operational excellence, scale, global reach, and stellar shared services to make them soar.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified. Management retains the right to add or to change duties of the position at any time.
To apply for this job please visit helenoftroy.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.