Website Columbia1938 Columbia Sportwear
At Columbia, we’re as passionate about the outdoors as you are. And while our gear is available worldwide, we’re proud to be based in the Pacific Northwest, where natural wonders are our playground.
Every product we make and every task we undertake is inspired by the famous words of our founder Gert Boyle: “It’s perfect. Now make it better.” As pioneers of relentless improvement, we are constantly evolving.
We believe the outdoors is ours to protect and strive to keep our planet healthy. We believe in empowering people to experience the outdoors to the fullest.
And we believe in you.
ABOUT THE POSITION
With over 430 retail stores worldwide, our Store Leadership Teams are essential to our business. From ensuring effective store operations and procedures, to providing guidance to team members within an assigned area of responsibility, our Store Leadership Teams help create memorable consumer experiences while supporting and helping drive the company’s mission of “Connecting Active People with Their Passions.”
As a Retail Supervisor, you will be a member of the Store Leadership Team and responsible for providing leadership and direction to diverse associate level team members in an assigned area of responsibility. The Retail Supervisor fosters a positive environment and displays a high professional standard of individual behavior leading by example while demonstrating Columbia Sportswear Company values.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Oversees the day-to-day work of assigned associate level staff; providing direction and guidance, training and coaching to associate level team members to ensure efficient and effective operations and proper store procedures to support the overall customer experience in store.
- Supervises assigned department of responsibility; overseeing to the profitability of the store by receiving, handling, replenishing and processing.
- Creates and maintains store culture of through teamwork and coaching; displaying a high professional standard of individual behavior and leading by example.
- Collaborates with store leadership team concerning policies, procedures, and standards for assigned area of responsibility.
- Maintains company standards and policies; ensures that employees to adhere procedures and quality standards; works to resolve any problems or errors.
- No specific education required (High School Diploma or GED preferred)
- 2-5 years of experience in position or specialization
- Skill operating a Point of Sales (POS) system, other in-store computerized systems, and telephone
- Effective communication skills; able to exchange ideas and information with store leadership team, associates and consumers
- Frequently in a more active environment (i.e., requires ability to constantly move about) that can be physical or strenuous in nature (frequently adjusting/moving items weighing up to 40 lbs.), may frequently use specialized equipment, may have exposure to dust and noise
- Occasionally requires the ability to work in place
- Ability to clearly communicate with others
- Availability to work a flexible, often changing retail schedule to support needs of the business which may change seasonally and in response to business trends or forecasts
Columbia Sportswear Company and our portfolio of brands, including Columbia, SOREL, Mountain Hardwear and prAna, know a thing or two about adventures. After all, we’ve been on one since 1938, working to perfect the art of enjoying the outdoors. Behind everything we make is an employee who’s found that the greatest adventure starts with joining a company that strives to do the right thing.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position’s scope and function in the company.
At Columbia Sportswear Company (CSC), we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. CSC believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
To apply for this job please visit www.columbiasportswearcompany.com.