Website Thrive Central Oregon
Thrive Central Oregon (TCO) seeks to connect individual needs with community resources. Individuals and families who are living in poverty are often in need of social services and support. Thrive meets community members where they are in public spaces, providing vital connection to services and support that for many would otherwise not happen.
Community Outreach Specialist
JVC Program Director
The Community Outreach Specialist is responsible to meet with individuals at designated locations to connect them to their requested services and resources. The Community Outreach Specialist works to gather and disseminate resource information to the public through handouts and the TCO website. This position is responsible to gather and input data reflective of clients seen and participates in community roundtables to increase and improve collaboration among agency partners.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible to meet with individuals one-on-one for the implementation of direct service activities of the program
- Be familiar with, and reflect on an ongoing basis, the values of Thrive Central Oregon’s Non-Discrimination Policy
- Responsible to stay updated on social service supports within the community to better enhance housing and other service outcomes for people living in poverty
- Ability to be in the moment with clients seeking support. Showing respect and building relationship to assist individuals in reaching their desired outcomes and goals.
- Gather and input program statistics into the HMIS data system (training provided)
- Coordinate with agency partners to gather the most updated resource information to share with fellow TCO staff, clients and through the TCO website.
- Attend identified roundtables to increase collaboration with agency partners.
- Minimum of 1 year of direct service in Social Work or related field. Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related field preferred.
- Fluent in Spanish preferred, but not required
- Strong problem solving and group work leadership skills
- Ability to interact positively and respectfully with people of all ages, cultural and demographic backgrounds
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Sound computer skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work flexible hours
To apply for this job please visit www.thrivecentraloregon.org.