Sterile Processing is responsible for cleaning and sterilizing surgical instruments for all Operating Room procedures.
The Sterile Processing Technician at St. Charles Health Systems responsible for assembling case carts for surgeries, as well as cleaning, decontaminating, assembling, sterilizing, and distributing equipment and instruments used within the hospital. The Sterile Processing Technician ensures that instruments and equiptment are properly decontaminated for safe handling. This position does not directly manage any other caregivers.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
- Coordinates, assembles and disassembles, and distributes supplies for surgical cases
- Cleans, decontaminates, and sterilizes instruments and supplies
- Responsible for case cart and procedure preparation
- Operates various sterilization equipment
- Re-stocks department inventory and ensures instruments are stored in the proper location
- Cleans and maintains department equipment
- Supports the vision, mission and values of the organization in all respects
- Supports Value Improvement Practice (VIP- Lean) principles of continuous improvement with energy and enthusiasm, functioning as a champion of change
- Provides and maintains a safe environment for caregivers, patients and guests
- Conducts all activities with the highest standards of professionalism and confidentiality. Complies with all applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures, supporting the organization’s corporate integrity efforts by acting in an ethical and appropriate manner, reporting known or suspected violation of applicable rules, and cooperating fully with all organizational investigations and proceedings
- Delivers customer service and/or patient care in a manner that promotes goodwill, is timely, efficient and accurate
- May perform additional duties of similar complexity within the organization, as required or assigned
- High school diploma or GED
- Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST) certification from the International Association of Healthcare Central Service Material Management or SPD Technician certification from CBSPD within 18 months of hire.
- Experience in sterile processing, health care materials management, operating room, and/or patient care.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
- Must be able to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required to perform the job safely.
- Continually (75% or more): Standing, walking, lifting/carrying/pushing/pulling 25-50 pounds, grasping/squeezing, Use of clear and audible speaking voice and the ability to hear normal speech level.
- Frequently (50%): Bending, stooping/kneeling/crouching, reaching overhead, lifting/carrying/pushing/pulling 11-75 pounds.
- Occasionally (25%): Climbing ladder/step stool, lifting/carrying/pushing/pulling 1-10 pounds, Ability to hear whispered speech level.
- Rarely (10%): Sitting, climbing stairs, keyboard Operation, operation of motor vehicle.
Exposure to Elemental Factors
- Occasionally (25%): Heat, cold, wet/slippery area, noise, dust, vibration, chemical solution, uneven surface
Blood-Borne Pathogen (BBP) Exposure Category
- Risk for Exposure to BBP
To apply for this job please visit stcharles.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.