Website St. Charles Health System
The Accounting and Finance Department provides Accounting (maintains the financial records for the system, facilitates the external audit and all external financial reporting, prepares the tax reports for the system, prepares and maintains cost reports for the system, reconciles our cash balances, manages the treasury function for the system), Accounts Payable (processes all non-payroll payments out of the system), Payroll (processes all payroll) and Finance (develops near and long-term financial forecasts, develops pro-forma analyses, supports leaders to better understand and influence their financial performance, provides financial analyses and reporting). Not responsible for patient billing, collecting, account management or charity care assessments.
The Payroll Technician I performs a variety of duties related to payroll accounting. This position does not directly manage any other caregivers.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
- Processes bi-weekly, semi-monthly and on-demand payrolls.
- Processes final checks (wages, deductions, calculation of ETO) for terminated employees.
- Manages the check and direct deposit settlement process including reconciliation to payroll register and remittance to the bank.
- Manages check and direct deposit issues such as returns and outstanding payments.
- Maintains all voluntary deductions: collection, reporting, reconciliations, and remittance. This includes but is not limited to retirement plans, flex spending, health spending, health reimbursement, union dues, meal and pharmacy charges, volunteer sales, Foundation deductions, etc.
- Manages federal and multi-state tax payments and reconciliations to payroll registers.
- Manages garnishments and child support deductions, payments, and reconciliations.
- Processes disability payments.
- Processes retroactive corrections and payments including hourly rate changes, benefit changes, and timecard edits.
- Verifies records and access for newly hired and transferred caregivers in payroll applications.
- Participates in testing of and training end users in payroll application upgrades and implementations.
- Maintains and applies knowledge of federal and state regulations, union contracts, and company policies.
- Maintains and applies knowledge of IRS limits and payroll calculations such as taxable wages, FLSA overtime calculations, W-2 amounts, etc.
- Participates in and models behaviors and values of continuous process improvement and lean thinking.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Researches and corrects timecard and payroll issues and provides customer service to caregivers, leaders, and HR.
- Provide payroll information support to external and internal customers.
- Assists the Payroll Manager, Payroll Supervisor, and Payroll team as needed.
- Supports the vision, mission and values of the organization in all respects.
- Supports Value Improvement Practice (VIP- Lean) principles of continuous improvement with energy and enthusiasm, functioning as a champion of change.
- Provides and maintains a safe environment for caregivers, patients and guests.
- Conducts all activities with the highest standards of professionalism and confidentiality. Complies with all applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures, supporting the organization’s corporate integrity efforts by acting in an ethical and appropriate manner, reporting known or suspected violation of applicable rules, and cooperating fully with all organizational investigations and proceedings.
- Delivers customer service and/or patient care in a manner that promotes goodwill, is timely, efficient and accurate.
- May perform additional duties of similar complexity within the organization, as required or assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Associates Degree with classes in business, bookkeeping and/or accounting preferred .
- Two years plus experience in payroll and office procedures or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Previous bookkeeping or accounting experience and use of Kronos timekeeping and/or Workday Payroll application preferred.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
Must be able to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required to perform the job safely.
ADDITIONAL POSITION INFORMATION:
- Excellent organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to analyze and problem solve.
- Great attention to detail and confidentiality.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with a diverse population and professionally represent SCHS.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Excel, Outlook, and Word.
- Continually (75% or more): Sitting, keyboard operation, use of clear and audible speaking voice and the ability to hear normal speech level.
- Frequently (50%): Standing, lifting 1-10 pounds, grasping/squeezing.
- Occasionally (25%): Bending, reaching overhead, carrying/pushing or pulling 1-10 pounds.
- Rarely (10%): Walking, stooping/kneeling/crouching, climbing stairs.
- Never (0%): Climbing ladder/step-stool, lifting/carrying/pushing or pulling 11-50 pounds, operation of a motor vehicle, ability to hear whispered speech level.
Exposure to Elemental Factors
Never (0%): Heat, cold, wet/slippery area, noise, dust, vibration, chemical solution, uneven surface.
Blood-Borne Pathogen (BBP) Exposure Category
No Risk for Exposure to BBP
To apply for this job please visit stcharles.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.