The Member Service Representative IV provides an exceptional service experience for SELCO Community Credit Union’s internal and external members and customers.
- Welcome and interact with internal and external members and customers in a warm and friendly manner, demonstrate a sincere interest and willingness to help, and consistently address and thank the member by name.
- Build and develop member relationships by asking open-ended questions, identifying member needs, and promoting and cross-selling SELCO’s core and specialized products and services.
- Conduct loan interviews, analyze data to determine member qualifications within SELCO’s loan policies and guidelines, process loan requests, and take appropriate and timely action.
- Perform loan signing functions, including creating and ensuring completeness of loan documents, disbursing loan proceeds, and securing collateral.
- Perform complex account service functions, including opening accounts, conducting research, completing file maintenance, and resolving issues.
- Perform basic account service functions, including check orders, ACH origination, wires, name updates, and card services.
- Work with a high level of accuracy and efficiency while following established procedures, performing teller transactions, and handling cash (i.e. counting, documenting, etc.).
- Demonstrate leadership skills and uphold SELCO’s mission statement, corporate values, service promises, and exceptional customer service standards.
- Adhere to federal and state regulations, Credit Union policies, confidentiality requirements, and other compliance obligations. Promptly address exceptions identified through quality control audits.
- Consistently achieve individual performance goals and contribute to branch and organizational objectives.
- Detect, take action, and report potential fraudulent activity to protect the member and SELCO from losses.
- Attend and actively participate in required meetings and trainings.
- Adapt to and support change to accomplish SELCO’s goals and objectives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
The position requires the following:
- Exceptional customer service skills, including the ability to effectively cross-sell SELCO’s products and services.
- Effective and professional communication skills in person, over the phone, and in writing including through electronic channels.
- Good interpersonal skills that enable working independently and as part of a team with others at all organizational levels.
- Ability to apply knowledge acquired through job training and self-study of procedures and updates.
- Computer and software application skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Basic math and cash handling skills.
- Good time management and organizational skills with a high level of initiative, responsibility, and accountability, including the flexibility to adapt to changing business needs and deadlines.
- Ability to work accurately with a close attention to detail.
- Willingness and ability to receive, give, and assimilate coaching and feedback.
- Strong problem resolution and prevention skills.
- Ability to perform duties in an environment with background noise and complete tasks despite interruptions.
- Work ethic that includes dependability, punctuality, and a professional appearance and demeanor.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent; and
- At least one (1) year of customer service or sales experience; and
- Must maintain active federal registration with Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System; and
- Must be bondable.
While performing the job duties, approximately 80% of the time is spent stationary, with the remaining time spent moving around work areas. Frequent communication occurs in person, over the phone, and in writing. This position requires the ability to view a computer screen and interpret printed materials and other documents. This position requires the ability to lift and transport up to 25 pounds, and there is an occasional need to stoop, kneel, or reach to access documents, equipment and supplies.
Interaction and Work Environment
Reports To: Branch Supervisor, Assistant Branch Manager, Branch Manager, Senior Branch Manager
Work areas are inside in a climate-controlled environment with background noise, distractions, and frequent interruptions.
Work hours and location vary based on branch needs and may include Saturday and/or Sunday hours.
Material and Equipment Used
Black Light, Calculator/Ten-Key, Card Embosser, Cash Dispenser/Recycler, Coin Machine, Computer, Copier, Currency Counter, Drive-up Equipment, Fax, General Office Supplies, Phone, Scanner, Security Equipment, Tablet
I have received and reviewed a copy of the Member Service Representative IV job description. I understand that this job description is not a contract of employment and in no way changes the at-will nature of the employment relationship with SELCO Community Credit Union.
To apply for this job please visit he.tbe.taleo.net.