Website Salsbury & Co
Looking to join an amazing team? Voted Best in Business 5 years in a row, Salsbury & Co. is just what you have been waiting for. Our well established organization is seeking an experienced candidate to serve as the subject matter expert when it comes to payroll processing. If you enjoy cross departmental collaboration and staying busy with multiple clients across multiple states, this is the job for you.
We offer medical, dental, long term disability, and retirement options. Additionally, employees receive paid vacation, paid holidays, and paid sick time.
Is this You?
- You are a people person. You enjoy working with people at all levels and facilitating positive communication and cultures. You can handle difficult situations and complex client matters with professionalism. You enjoy speaking with clients, client employees, and client vendors regarding accounting questions – even when they aren’t happy.
- You are passionate about your work. You invite opportunity to learn more and provide the ultimate experience for clients and co-workers.
- You are a multi-tasker. You can do anything at anytime, no matter where your head is and can easily flex between office time, call time, project time and co-worker time. You enjoy helping out others and provide back-up assistance when needed.
- You bring your ideas and solve problems. You are always willing to provide feedback for improvements, ideas for innovation, are confident in making independent decisions, and take pride in solving problems at the root level.
- You are independent and a team player. You work well independently and are always there to support and participate with the team.
- You are the model of integrity. You always do what is right and act according to S&C policies and procedures.
- You thrive on attention to detail and documentation. You always put out your best work and ensure it is accurate and detailed. You desire to have clear and consistent communication documented for ease of retrieval for the benefit of staff and clients.
- You go the extra-mile to help our clients be better.
- You enjoy working with a small team.
- You have experience working in QuickBooks Desktop, QuickBooks Online, Gusto.
- You are more than capable to managing multiple clients.
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment but are always attentive to the matter at hand.
- You are comfortable working on-site at a client’s office when necessary.
YOU ARE A GREAT FIT IF:
- You are outgoing and enjoy interacting with clients, clients’ staff, key decision makers, vendors, and ancillary service providers.
- You have a deep knowledge of payroll practices for multiple industries (manufacturing, non-profit, service industry, health care, etc.) and multiple states.
- You are available to work during normal business hours in the S&C office environment.
- You are seeking flexibility in your work schedule, a great team, and trust.
- You have worked in a payroll role for more than 2 years, and maybe have a little bit of Human Resource knowledge.
OUR STAFF LOVE S&C BECAUSE:
- We are real people with real business experience, solving real business problems.
- We trust our staff and encourage them to think outside of the box, and know their boss has their back.
- We have flexibility and great benefits.
- We make sure our staff know they can accomplish anything and experience career advancement as the company grows.
- Staff are given opportunities to learn, develop skill sets, and grow according to their personal goals.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW:
This position is part-time to full-time. Ideally starting out at 30 hours per week and building into a 40 hour per week position.
We offer medical, dental, and retirement to all employees. All employees receive paid vacation and sick time.
Job Type: Part-time (30 Hours per Week)
Pay: $20.00 – $26.00 per hour
The Payroll Specialist is responsible for a wide range of tasks necessary to support the Full Charge Bookkeeping team. This position requires a strong knowledge of technology, including software, spreadsheets, computers, and communication applications. Tasks involve keeping records, documenting receipts, tracking and paying bills, as well as reconciling merchant service accounts. The individual in this role must be an independent worker with a desire to learn new programs and show initiative in assisting the team.
Work performed for S&C includes performing duties for multiple companies that are clients of S&C.
The Payroll Specialist will need to perform these functions and other additional tasks as needed on a consistent and detailed basis:
- Operates computers programmed with accounting software to record and store information.
- Process payroll for client accounts utilizing multiple software platforms to obtain timesheet information and submit payroll entries.
- Maintains payroll personnel database regarding demographic and wage information.
- Collaborate with multiple departments, clients, and Manager regarding activities, issues, and exude proactive problem solving.
- Address and resolve client employee concerns relating to payroll with the assistance of Human Resources if a shared client.
- Experience working with multiple clients.
- Complies with federal, state and company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Knowledge and experience with multi-state payroll.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual payroll tax reports and payments.
- Reconciles or notes and reports discrepancies found in records to the accountant.
- Subject matter expert on all aspects of payroll processing.
- Prepare and process client employee W2’s.
- Dedication to deadlines, customer service, and willingness to work to meet deadlines as necessary.
- Provides additional assistant as requested by accounting team.
- Continuously work to streamline activities in the department.
- Maintain communication of accounting department email to stay on top of client communication and check on clients’ needs each day.
- Document new client processes within the client project for centralization of information and training purposes.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Thoroughness / Attention to Detail.
- Time Management.
- Independent Work Initiative.
- QuickBooks Desktop, QuickBooks Online, Gusto Experience.
- Willingness to learn new software programs and client processes.
- Strong technology skills.
- Desire to provide support and assistance to team.
- Initiative to learn and absorb delegated duties.
- Associates Degree in financial field preferred.
- Strong communication skills.
- Familiarity with Human Resource practices preferred.
- Office setting
- Long periods of time working at a computer, viewing computer screens
- Long periods of time sitting
- Use of multiple systems and software programs
To apply for this job please visit salsburyandco.zohorecruit.com.