The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to the Division and/or specific departments as assigned. This position will provide general assistance to all levels of staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Act as liaison between supervisor and others (i.e., departments, external contacts, vendors, clients, etc.)
- Provide prompt and professional service to all internal and external clients.
- Prepares and distributes internal communications and serves as a central clearing position for general information.
- Oversee/process day-to-day administrative items: mail, overnight mail, packages, expense reports, checks, courier services, maintain office supplies, etc.
- Performs filing, typing, data input and other clerical support to all other departments and personnel, as directed.
- Answer inquiries and/or directs calls to appropriate staff, and takes messages, as necessary.
- Coordinate and initiate meetings and travel arrangements for the Department. Arrange schedules for management staff.
- Maintain supervisor’s calendar, schedule meetings and conference rooms for Department.
- Compose and/or edit/distribute letters, memos, reports and other departmental correspondence on time.
- Provide support by photocopying, filing, and sending faxes as needed.
- Pulls and put files to dead storage as required.
- The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the positions role within the business unit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE :
- Associates Degree in Business Administration or related discipline
- Minimum 2 years’ office administrative work experience
- Can be a combination of education, training and relevant experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES :
- Computer, filing, and 10-key skills required
- Attention to detail is a must; strong analytical skills favored
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.); Oracle preferred
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary
- Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude
- Effective oral and written communication skills as required for the position
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and others
- General work environment – sitting for long periods, standing, walking, typing, carrying, pushing, bending. Work is conducted primarily indoors with varying environmental conditions such as fluorescent lighting and air conditioning
- Noise level is usually low to medium
- Occasional lifting of up to 35 lbs.
Rosendin is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit phg.tbe.taleo.net.