Website PCC Schlosser
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Regular Performance Reviews
Paid Vacation & Holidays
Responsible for the planning, estimating, scheduling and supervising of work. Ensures that: Equipment is functioning properly; tools, materials, and personnel are available and working efficiently; activities are safely executed and completed on schedule; the quality of work fulfills the users’ needs. Directs prompt attention to emergency situations. Consults with Production Supervisors and maintenance staff regarding problems and long-term needs. Position requires single-point decisions that engender significant cost implications to restore interrupted plant operations or shut down equipment. May be required to work with hazardous waste.
- Oversees workorder system. Plans, estimates, and schedules maintenance work. Responsible for staffing and scheduling resources and sets priorities based on daily work schedule, time distribution sheet, and maintenance work orders. Monitors work for timeliness, quality, and completeness.
- Responsible for improving and tracking success of preventative maintenance program
- Provides effective maintenance service for plant while striving to limit downtime and reduce costs.
- Responsible for single-point coordination of emergency off-shift and weekend repair needs (e.g., vendor contact, shipping of product, etc.).
- Maintains adequate maintenance tools in proper condition for the performance of maintenance tasks. Identifies and initiates orders for spares and backup parts as needed
- Maintains good communication and rapport with production supervision. Confers with Production Supervisors in regards to long term needs for maintenance. Informs production managers and workers of the safe and proper use of equipment.
- Proactively promotes, coordinates, and implements programs for the conservation of resources.
- Drives 6S accountability. Ensures area is secured before leaving. Maintains good safety and housekeeping practices for maintenance facility and all areas where maintenance work is performed.
- Responsible for overall departmental safety and awareness of potential hazards. Promotes safe operating habits for maintenance personnel and safe operation of plant equipment.
- Supervises, trains, and develops employees and administers performance evaluations.
- May be required to handle hazardous waste.
May be required to complete hazardous waste management training.
- High School diploma or equivalent and 4+ years maintenance-related experience in a manufacturing/industrial facility. Degree in Engineering or technical field, carded millwright or electrician strongly preferred.
- Valid Drivers License with safe driving record
- Demonstrated communication and supervisory and leadership skills. Ability to interface with vendors.
- Technical knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical systems, foundry/furnace, robotics, and machine shop operations.
- Familiarity with National Electric Code requirements and OSHA Safety and Health Standards relating to manufacturing industries.
To apply for this job please visit pcctalentacquisitionportal.tal.net.