The Oxford Collection of hotels is a rapidly growing, innovative and progressive organization that truly recognizes the value of its employees. We are looking to expand our exceptional team with talented, energetic individuals who embrace our values and are devoted to being second to none. We offer competitive pay and a robust benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k/profit sharing, PTO, and property discounts).
Under the general supervision of the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Technician position performs a variety of work in the general maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of the hotel’s physical plant and equipment ensuring that systems and equipment operate efficiently and that the physical condition of the property remains in optimum condition while maintaining sanitation and cleanliness standards. Complies at all times with Federal, State, local and company standards and regulations. May provide transportation for guests as requested.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
All duties and responsibilities of this position are to be performed with exceptional caring and genuine guest service upholding the Oxford Collection of hotels standards and culture at all times.
- Maintenance Repairs (60%): Maintain and repair the exterior and interior of the property. This can include assembling, installing or repairing systems or equipment using hand tools; painting or repairing, windows, doors, floors, woodwork, plaster, drywall or other parts of building structures. Provide general grounds keeping services, such as trash removal, pool & spa maintenance, grounds upkeep, kitchen cleaning, and security rounds.
Perform all tasks in compliance with federal, state, local, food safety and sanitation requirements and Oxford Collection of hotels safety standards and security procedures. Be knowledgeable about and able to respond to emergency situations. Report any maintenance repairs needed immediately to their supervisor or General Manager.
- Safety & Preventative Maintenance (30%): Perform routine preventive maintenance as scheduled, under the direction of the Maintenance Manager. Possess knowledge and keep current on the emergency procedures for the property. Conduct preventative maintenance as scheduled for guest rooms, public areas, hotel-equipment and carpet care. Maintain organized work areas and equipment in alignment with sanitation and cleanliness standards whiling ensuring equipment operating logs are up to date.
- Other (10%): Communicate effectively with all hotel staff to ensure smooth delivery of services. Stay in touch with the Front Desk regarding guest needs that arise during the shift. Schedule all work to be done at a minimum of inconvenience to guests. Provide transportation to guests as needed. Other duties as assigned.
- Professional Appearance – Maintains high standards of personal appearance and grooming
- Physical Skills – Capable of performing laborious work in varied conditions
- Mechanical Skills – Understands and is competent operating hand, and power equipment. Understands safety aspects
- Customer Service – Understands and meets the needs of customers
- Team Orientation – Works cooperatively with others, establishes rapport and assists others
- Problem Solving – Sees and is able to define problems and find causes
- Company Character – Supports company vision and values
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- 1+ years of general maintenance experience preferred
- Experience and knowledge of plumbing, refrigeration, carpentry, electrical and other guest room repairs preferred
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evening, weekends and holidays
- Reliable and consistent attendance
- Must be able to perform simple grasping, fine manipulation, and repetitive hand and arm movements frequently
- Must be able to bend, squat, crawl, kneel, push, pull, climb and walk on uneven surfaces on a frequent basis
- Must be able to walk, climb ladders and work outside in a variety of weather conditions (rain, wind, snow, heat)
- Must be able to climb stairs both inside and outside and frequently lift 50 lbs. and often exert up to 20 pounds of force to push, pull, carry, lift or otherwise move objects.
The Oxford Collection of hotels is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all candidates and employees without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills, and experiences within our workforce.
All offers are contingent on a background and drug screening.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.