Website Oregon’s Wild Harvest
Since its beginning in 1994, Oregon’s Wild Harvest (OWH) has been committed to ensuring its whole herbal supplements are made with utmost quality, potency and purity. We grow and procure the best plant material, saving non-GMO seeds for the future and caring for the land to ensure healthy plant material is available today, tomorrow and for generations to come. We do our best to stick close to our original mission – to love and respect the land, water, air and each other – and our employees are the heart of our success.
The General Manager works closely with the company owners and members of the leadership team, and is accountable for directing all aspects of our manufacturing operations to ensure on-time delivery of the highest quality product. This position is responsible for developing and monitoring performance standards, managing manufacturing costs, analyzing the effectiveness of all manufacturing operations and leading continuous improvement, and building a high-performing team. The ideal candidate embodies the utmost integrity and honors our successes and what got us here while continuing to develop the business and effectively manage growth. The position requires an experienced leader with solid manufacturing expertise, preferably with consumer products experience, as well as exceptional interpersonal skills and a passion for ensuring a positive customer experience.
- Provide strategic direction and oversight of the leadership team to meet requirements of quality, delivery, and cost for all products.
- Assess operations to evaluate company and leadership performance in meeting objectives and determine opportunities for improvement.
- Direct, plan, and implement policies, objectives, and activities to ensure continuing operations to maximize return on investments and increase productivity.
- Develop short- and long-term operational and human resource strategies to meet overall company growth and cost control objectives.
- Work with company owners to prepare and manage plans and budgets for manufacturing, operations and capital investment.
- Develop and direct a supply chain strategy.
- Create, report, maintain, and meet key operational goals and metrics.
- Provide strategic oversight and input into product research and development.
- Negotiate and/or approve contracts and agreements with suppliers.
- Mentor and coach leadership team to reach potential and achieve business results.
- Champion and reinforce OWH’s culture emphasizing product quality, customer satisfaction, collaboration, and continuous improvement where the fundamentals of lean manufacturing are actively practiced with measurable results.
- Ensure compliance of all regulations associated with industry requirements.
- Assure adequate safety and environmental programs to protect workers.
Required Skills and/or Experience:
- High-level cross-functional leadership experience is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business- or manufacturing-related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of laws and regulations pertaining to the manufacturing industry; CGMP (current good manufacturing practices) and FDA regulated industry knowledge is desired.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, manage and develop a leadership team, providing mentoring and coaching to exceed expectations and holding people accountable for results.
- Expertise in business and management principles involved in strategic planning, production methods, and resources in a manufacturing operation.
- Financial acumen; ability to understand and use financial data to make sound business decisions.
- Understanding of technical concepts and ideas for strategic oversight of product research and development, and experience with new product launches and integration into operations.
- Experience in both custom manufacturing and large volume non-custom production.
- Proficient with ERP systems used for production planning, scheduling, and inventory control to manage manufacturing processes; ability to analyze and utilize data for decision-making.
- History of expanding market share; international experience is a plus.
- Experience with lean manufacturing principles.
- Experience leading a diverse, multi-cultural and multi-language organization.
- Exceptional judgment and decision-making skills, never compromising product quality.
- Highly collaborative, and effectively communicates verbally and in writing to create clarity and understanding.
- Active listener with a curious mindset and thirst for learning.
- Takes initiative and demonstrates perseverance in overcoming challenges and achieving goals.
- Thrives while working in a challenging, frequently changing environment.
- Demonstrates honesty and integrity in all business practices.
- Exceptional organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- History of successfully developing high performing, cross functional teams.
- Proficient in the use of computers and MS Office applications.
Oregon’s Wild Harvest is an equal opportunity employer. Nothing in the job posting guarantees employment and/or restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Employee must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without accommodation. US Citizenship or Permanent Resident (Green Card) required.
To apply for this job please visit oregonswildharvest.com.