Website MicrochipTech Microchip
Are you looking for a unique opportunity to be a part of something great? Want to join a 20,000-member team that works on the technology that powers the world around us? Looking for an atmosphere of trust, empowerment, respect, diversity, and communication? How about an opportunity to own a piece of a multi-billion dollar (with a B!) global organization? We offer all that and more at Microchip Technology, Inc.
People come to work at Microchip because we help design the technology that runs the world. They stay because our culture supports their growth and stability. They are challenged and driven by an incredible array of products and solutions with unlimited career potential. Microchip’s nationally-recognized Leadership Passage Programs support career growth where we proudly enroll over a thousand people annually. We take pride in our commitment to employee development, values-based decision making, and strong sense of community, driven by our Vision, Mission, and 11 Guiding Values; we affectionately refer to it as the Aggregate System and it’s won us countless awards for diversity and workplace excellence.
Our company is built by dedicated team players who love to challenge the status quo; we did not achieve record revenue and over 30 years of quarterly profitability without a great team dedicated to empowering innovation. People like you.
Visit our careers page to see what exciting opportunities and company perks await!
Microchip in Bend, Oregon is hiring an Electronic Tester to join our team. Under general supervision, this position will perform a variety of routine tasks to ensure product performance metrics are met. This position will also perform set-ups and testing of semiconductor wafers and assembled parts to ensure units functions according to specifications.
This position will work a Monday through Friday, day shift schedule. Once training is complete, the candidate selected for this position may determine their desired schedule including start/end times and meal periods.
Don’t worry if you don’t have direct experience, this position will receive thorough on the job training!
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Reads work schedule, work orders, equipment manuals and performance specifications to perform test operations.
- Tests functional performance of semiconductor wafers and discrete parts to insure they meet datasheet specifications.
- Verifies test instrument performance according to specifications using gold units or supplied references. Insures that all instruments used are calibrated and within the calibration date range.
- Sets-up automated, semi-automated and manual test equipment with appropriate test fixtures, programs and process information.
- Recognizes failures and set-up problems, and determines need for appropriate verification.
- Confers with engineers, technicians, production personnel, and others regarding testing procedures and results and to resolve problems.
- Is aware of and follows all safety protocols.
- High School Diploma. Additional electronics education and test experience a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English.
- Must have very good hand and finger dexterity to use basic machine tools and handle small parts.. Have sufficient computer skills to interface with automated equipment.
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Critical Physical Requirements:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee occasionally works with or near chemicals and radiation equipment. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock and vibration. Work is primarily performed in a manufacturing environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This is classified as a safety sensitive position.
0% – 25%
Bending at Waist, Burns, Carrying, Climbing, Crawling, Crouching, Electrical Hazards, Extreme Heat, Feeling, Foot Controls, Fumes or Odors, Handling, Hearing, Kneeling, Lifting, Mechanical Hazards, Noise and/or vibration, Pulling, Pushing, Reaching, Seeing, Stooping, Talking, Works Alone, Works Around Others
To apply for this job please visit wd5.myworkdaysite.com.