Website Meredith Lodging
The Maintenance Technicians primary function is to ensure that the properties assigned are in safe, working order. Maintenance Technicians will complete assigned work orders to repair or replace items in homes and properties. If a licensed professional is required, this position will advise the management team of specific needs. This position is responsible for additional inspections of homes including the interior and exterior of the structure and fixtures and furnishing.
Areas of Responsibility and Duties
- Complete assigned daily work orders
- Accurately complete required documentation; submitting and required information at the end of the shift
- Work independently on assigned work orders or assignments
- Spot safety risks and address issues quickly
- Understand basic operation of electrical, plumbing, appliances, HVAC, and boiler systems
- Test, troubleshoot and perform basic repair on all types of equipment
- Maintain maintenance inventory and requisition parts and supplies as needed
- Advise management of repairs needing a licensed vendor
- Maintains company assigned vehicles, as appropriate
- Assist guests with troubleshooting of home issues including technology in homes
- Observe established policies and procedures
- Work after hours as assigned in rotation schedule
- Other duties as assigned
- Organized and detail oriented – takes the time to ensure the job is completed and correct
- Multi-Tasker – ability to work on multiple tasks at one time
- Communication – able to effectively with team members and vendors
- Adaptable and flexible – enjoys doing work that may require frequent shifts in direction
- Solution oriented – collect and analyze information, problem-solve and improve efficiency
- Reliability – is dependable, consistent and does not have attendance issues
- Achievement oriented – enjoys seeing tasks through to completion and hitting goals
- Self-starter – can work autonomously and will seek out new tasks rather than waiting for an assignment
- Growth oriented – a strong desire to grow and learn new tasks and skills
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Associate degree preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Basic understanding of on general home maintenance
- Ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing
- Ability to learn and use new software and tools
- Valid Driver’s License with Clean Driving Record
- Have a cell phone that can access the web and download apps
- Ability to work weekends are participate in on-call after hours rotation
- 2 years’ experience in general maintenance
- 1 years’ experience customer service
This position operates in a professional environment. This position routinely uses standard tools, power equipment, cleaning supplies, cleaning equipment, cell phones, and office equipment. This position requires travel from storage and office facilities to each cleaning assignment. All potential employees are required to pass a background and motor vehicle check before being hired. Candidates may not have any tattoos visible above the shoulders. Smoking/Vaping are strictly prohibited within all company work areas, managed properties, owned properties, company vehicles, and within 10 feet of all entrances, exits, accessibility ramps, windows and air-intake vents. This position requires employees to follow company dress code.
This job is physical requiring constant movement 90% of the time. Lifting/moving requirements are generally up to 50 pounds. This position requires the need to crouch, stoop and bend for 90% of the shift. Normal workdays are between eight and ten hours, but overtime may be needed based on workflow.
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required of the job. The company reserves the right to modify or change the job description at any time with or without notice. Employment is “at will”, and nothing in the job description should be construed as a contract for employment for any specified period of time.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.