Website Johnstone Supply
WHO WE ARE –
Johnstone Supply is the top cooperative wholesale distributor in the country and a recognized national leader in the HVACR industry. With regional distribution centers based in Portland, Oregon, Joliet, Illinois, Memphis, Tennessee, Allentown, Pennsylvania, Jacksonville, Florida, and Las Vegas, Nevada, the company boasts over 425 independently-owned stores throughout the United States and beyond, totaling over 3 billion dollars in annual sales.
Unbeatable service, support, product knowledge and competitive pricing remain Johnstone’s core values. The regional distribution network means even better product availability and delivery times for local contractors, and ongoing improvements to our distribution and operations systems means Johnstone is poised to remain a true “one-stop-shop” for contractors nationwide. We offer superior customer service, technical advice and training seminars and feature the industry’s most respected catalog (available both in digital and online) featuring more than 80,000 quality parts, supplies and equipment.
Monday – Friday between 7:00am – 4:00pm
SALARY RATE –
Salary: $90,000 – 105,000 / year
Manages branch operations to meet goals and objectives for branch sales, profitability, and customer perception in the local market.
- Manages Counter Sales staff who are responsible for servicing customer needs both in person and over the phone.
- Manages Warehouse staff who are responsible for receiving, product put-away, order fulfillment and shipping.
- Manages Delivery Drivers who are responsible for timely, accurate and damage-free deliveries to customer sites.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Manages the Customer Experience
- Ensures customers receive prompt, professional service both in person and over the phone by establishing standards and monitoring quality on a daily basis. Works directly with customers during busy times or with key customer accounts.
- Works in conjunction with Outside Sales staff to determine customer needs, develop sales programs and promotions, and implements and follows through on established programs. Provides information regarding customer buying habits and needs to Outside Sales on a regular basis. Performs outside sales calls as necessary.
- Develops relationships and rapport with customers to establish win-win partnerships. Strives to know names of principals of all customers.
- Maintains the highest standards in cleanliness and appearance of the facility’s showroom, warehouse and exterior. Ensures showroom merchandising and appearance contribute to sales goals.
- Resolves customer complaints and disputes in a timely, professional manner that balances customer requests with business needs.
Manages the Branch Team
- Establishes, communicates and models performance expectations of all branch team members. Ensures expectations are met by monitoring reports, gathering feedback from customers, observing performance and taking corrective action or rewarding employees as necessary. Performs formal staff reviews on an annual basis, as well as informal coaching throughout the year.
- Ensures team members are up-to-date and knowledgeable regarding branch operations and the company as a whole by holding regular meetings, and continually providing information and status reports.
- Participates in the hiring and recruiting process to identify qualified candidates within established processes and guidelines.
- Ensures team members have the knowledge and skills needed to perform their jobs by providing regular training. Provides learning opportunities to develop employees for promotion opportunities.
- Ensures adequate staffing levels to meet business needs by establishing working schedules, approving vacation, and cross-training employees to fill in when needed.
- Provides a safe working environment by: communicating safety rules; observing and coaching employees in complying with safety rules; removing safety obstacles; complying with all governmental regulations including OSHA, Worker’s Compensation, Fire, and MSDS; and ensuring all equipment is maintained and operated in a safe manner including the training and certifications of employees designated to operate the equipment.
- Ensures compliance at the branch level with all company employment policies, and applicable state and federal employment laws.
Manages the Business
- Establishes, in conjunction with executive staff, sales and profitability goals for the branch. Develops and implements operating plans and budgets to meet goals. Regularly monitors performance against goals and takes corrective action where necessary.
- Ensures product pricing meets profitability targets by reviewing costs and pricing decisions and taking corrective action where necessary.
- Manages branch inventory to ensure security, accuracy, and ability to meet customer product requirements as well as branch turn goals. Ensures cycle counting program is implemented per established procedures.
- Oversees product returns and warranty processing, balancing customer requests with company guidelines and procedures.
- Oversees warehouse and delivery operations, including receiving, labeling and put-away, and order fulfillment. Creates and monitors delivery schedules to ensure accurate, on-time delivery of products.
- Ensures the security and proper maintenance of all branch property, equipment, and other assets by developing security systems and procedures, and implementing a regular schedule of equipment maintenance.
- Controls branch operational costs, including labor, supplies, freight, utilities, etc. to ensure overall branch profitability.
- Balances cash drawer daily and prepares daily bank deposit.
- Ensures executives are up-to-date and knowledgeable regarding branch operations by continually providing information and status reports.
- Performs special projects as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or GED; two years experience in branch operations management in a wholesale environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience. College business degree preferred.Job-Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities – Leadership:
- Ability to lead by example and model expected employee behaviors.
- Knowledge of human resource management principles, including recruiting and hiring, training and development, delegating, coaching, and evaluating employees.
- Ability to create and manage a high-functioning team.
- Ability to plan, organize, and direct the activities of subordinates.
- Ability to listen to others to identify concerns and needs.
- Ability to communicate with others to influence attitudes and actions.
- Skill in facilitating open lines of communication.
- Ability to clarify company objectives and translate them to daily employee activities.
- Ability to develop efficient work procedures.
Job-Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities – Business:
- Knowledge of wholesale distribution branch operations, including order fulfillment, inventory control, customer service, showroom merchandising, shipping and receiving, and sales.
- Ability to provide consistent, quality customer service.
- Knowledge of financial operations (i.e., profit and loss, costs of operations, return on investment, budgets). Ability to read and interpret financial reports.
- Ability to use PC-based spreadsheets and word processing programs (MS Word/Excel).
- Knowledge of showroom merchandising techniques to drive sales.
- Ability to use company computer systems in daily branch operations.
- General knowledge of inventory management principles and procedures, including procurement, storage, forecasting, and handling dead inventory.
- General knowledge of sales and marketing processes and techniques to drive sales.
- General knowledge of the HVACR industry, contractor customer needs, and product applications.
- Knowledge of governmental regulations as applied to product distribution, including OSHA regulations, Worker’s Compensation, and Hazardous Materials Handling.
Job-Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities – Personal Effectiveness:
- Problem-solving skills: listening to, interpreting, and meeting the needs of others; diagnosing and rectifying problems.
- Ability to develop and use systems for organizing information.
- Skill in following through on commitments.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work.
- Ability to develop and implement operational plans.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, procedure manuals, and marketing pieces.
- Ability to work efficiently and with a sense of urgency.
- Maintains confidentiality of information.
- Ability to establish and continuously improve work procedures and systems.
- Keeps the company’s best interest in mind when considering or addressing issues.
- Ability to demonstrate considerable tact and diplomacy in dealing with others and maintaining relationships.
- Paid Vacation / Holidays / Sick Leave
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Company paid Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account for Medical and Dependent Care
- Health Savings Account with generous company contribution
- Colonial Life Supplemental Policies
- 401(k) Plan with generous company match
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.