As the world’s premier company for insulated products, Hydro Flask began with a challenge: to create a reusable water bottle that truly performs in any environment. It had to keep hot liquids hot and cold liquids cold. Period.
We are hiring an Associate Product Manager to join us in Bend, OR.
*This position is temporarily eligible for Work from Home until our offices re-open in Bend, OR., Once our Bend office re-opens, this position is not eligible to be Work from Home, and you will be required to work from the office Monday-Friday.
What contribution will I make?
As the Associate Product Manager, you’ll support the Senior Product Manager and Category Team in all areas of the Product Development process. You’ll be responsible for understanding the consumer, analyzing product and identifying market trends. With direction from the Senior PM you’ll help to manage the line planning, pricing and product creation processes. You’ll also work to meet key deliverables each season, including category alignment, assortment finalization and seasonal project management, GTM milestone presentations, pricing, etc. In addition, you’ll also develop, maintain and foster key relationships cross-functionally to ensure alignment and integration at the appropriate gates and dates.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Become an expert in your category and its competitors.
- Support development of short (1 – 2 year) term product pipelines to meet financial goals and keep category fresh.
- Identify opportunities &/or adjacencies in your categories.
- Vet opportunities &/or adjacencies in your categories.
- Ensure delivery of costing and margins associated to new product targets are met.
- Bring a predetermined number of products to market on schedule and on budget.
- Lead regular assortment planning in support of seasons and new product introductions.
- Use market research, product research, product financial forecast, product testing, pricing & competitive analysis to develop products that are compelling to customers and consumers and on brand.
- Management of project milestones (e.g. phase gates, scope changes, sample planning, color development, etc) – owning details and driving timelines.
- Build & manage schedules, manage time spent by design firms or internal id, engineers, factories, teammates, and graphic designers.
- Meet with design firms or internal id to provide direction and feedback.
- Reporting on project status in order to support product planning/development.
- Participate in building consensus around long-term and short-term strategies.
- Participate in communicating team #’s / status to internal stakeholders.
- Involvement in Sales activities (Sell in, Tradeshows, etc).
- Participate in interfacing with marketing – strategy, content, prioritizing opportunities (Workbook, Packaging, shows, videos, etc.).
- Build strong industry relationships with key vendors (including agencies).
What are the requirements for consideration?
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field desired.
- 2+ years’ experience in a consumer sales organization required.
- Strong understanding of industry and end consumer.
- Strong retail math and analytical skills required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Some understanding of go to market and product commercialization process preferred.
- Ability to work with external resources as needed.
- Proven ability to develop and deliver product collateral and systems information required for product commercialization.
- Proven ability to manage a project from concept through completion.
- Proven ability to work cross departmentally.
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Joining Hydro Flask:
Do you love unique problems and challenges? We are a group of hard-working people and outdoor enthusiasts who are constantly putting our products to the test and delivering “ahh” experiences to engaged consumers worldwide. As an employer, we live our brand values every day, supporting a reliable, playful, adaptive, honest, inclusive, and unconventional culture where employees can learn, thrive, and grow.
Hydro Flask is based in Bend, Oregon. There’s desert to the east of town and mountains to the west. Our geography says a lot about who we are. We bike, ski, swim, do yoga, run, hike and play outside. We cook on the grill and share kombucha and growlers in our backyards. We go for it wholeheartedly. That may sound like the weekend, but that’s how we live every day of the year. We don’t accept lukewarm in our attitude toward life or in the temperature of whatever we happen to be drinking. We want to taste the fullness life has to offer and share it with the world. That’s why we are committed to making tomorrow better – our lives, our products, our experiences. We believe nothing in life should be lukewarm.
Hydro Flask not only gets what our customers want, we also know that providing an awesome environment for our employees (who are also our customers!) is vital for our long-term success. Along with a casual, dog-friendly environment in our beautiful headquarters in Bend, Oregon, we ensure our employees are taken care of with a strong compensation and benefits package including healthcare, 401(k) with company match, PTO, annual incentive pay, paid parental leave, an employee stock purchase program, free lunch every Friday, and of course, product!
To apply for this job please visit helenoftroy.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.