ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT:
Property Management provides real estate and property management services and support to County departments, outside agencies, community partners, and the public generally related to the sale, purchase, lease, and other real property transactions.
ABOUT THE COUNTY:
We know where you choose to live, work and play matters. Deschutes County is one of the largest employers in Central Oregon and the largest municipal government in the region. Our dedicated and passionate workforce of more than 1,200 employees provide County services in a number of departments, divisions, and offices.
Located in the heart of Central Oregon, between the towering Cascade Mountain Range to the west and the high desert plateau to the east, Deschutes County is the outdoor recreation capital of Oregon. We enjoy a renowned quality of life, with big-city opportunities and small-town neighborhoods.
We hope you’ll consider joining our talented team.
ABOUT THE JOB:
The Property Analyst will assist in the planning and managing various real property projects including but not limited to real estate development activities including entitlements, acquisitions, dispositions, negotiations, leasing and various complex issues. You will work with a variety of county departments to assess and meet their space needs. The work is high-paced, interesting, varied, and challenging.
Work is generally Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm.
- Assist in the acquisition, disposition, negotiations, leasing, accounting and other real property transactions.
- Serve as lead project manager and assist on complex multi-faceted projects.
- Draft processes, procedures and strategic documents related to real property.
What You Will Bring:
Knowledge of or experience with:
- Real property transactions, including in-depth research.
- Project management principles, including strategic planning.
- Having a can-do, customer service attitude with innovative and executable ideas.
- Collaborating and communicating effectively with internal and external stakeholders and partners.
- Using initiative, independent judgement and prioritization to complete projects, tasks and assignments to meet deadlines.
- Preparing complex reports, records, and legal documents related to real property.
*This posting is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but rather constitutes a general definition of the position’s scope and function.
Notification to all candidates will be sent via email and/or text only. Please opt in for text messaging or check your email and your Governmentjobs.com account for application status.
Review the full job description by clicking HERE. This position is classified as a Management Analyst.
$6,263.31 to $8,393.45 per month for a 172.67 hour work month. Excellent County benefit package when eligible. This position is available immediately.
Our robust health plan is offered at a minimal cost of $90 per month, which includes an innovative on-site clinic, pharmacy, and wellness and wellbeing services. Additionally, we include life insurance, retirement (PERS), generous paid time-off (14-18 hours/month to start, pro-rated for part-time), holidays, and professional development opportunities. Please click HERE (Download PDF reader) for full benefit details.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Administration;
- AND three (3) years of experience analyzing, researching, developing, implementing, and administering projects and programmatic assignments;
- OR any equivalent combination of training, education, and experience that provides the required skills and knowledge to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Experience working with local government real property inventory including acquisition, disposition, leasing; and researching, assessing, recommending and remedying complex real property issues.
Necessary Special Requirements
Possession of or ability to obtain a valid Oregon driver’s license within 30 days of hire date. The employment offer will be contingent upon presentation of an acceptable and verifiable driver’s license, pre-employment screening for criminal history, driving history, and controlled substances (NOTE: Positive test results for marijuana use may result in rescission of a contingent offer of employment). This screening must be completed with satisfactory findings in order for a formal offer of employment to be extended.
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.