Website Crook County
This is a full-time position; Wednesday – Saturday.
I. Job Purpose:
The primary duties of this position are operating computerized scales to determine weight of load and corresponding usage/tipping fees. The position collects tipping fees and monitors incoming loads to identify and categorize waste to direct haulers to the correct location for disposal. The position works in and outdoor at the landfill and in all types of weather, dirt and dust. The landfill contains less than sanitary conditions.
Number of Employees Reporting to This Position: 0
II. Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Manage each load entering the landfill.
- Inspect and examine loads of waste entering landfill to identify and categorize waste.
- Direct driver to proper area of landfill and/or deny entrance of unauthorized materials.
- Operate computerized scales to determine weight of load and corresponding usage/dumping fees.
- Calculate fee or fixed prices for each load/item.
- Collect money and issue receipts.
- Record each load, fees, and other needed information for regulatory requirements.
- Balance cash drawer and currency for daily closing report.
- Required to work as a back-up to Administrative Assistant.
III. Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate clearly with customers and deal with difficult customers and situations.
- Knowledge of basic cashiering function including calculating fees, issuing receipts and balancing of cash.
- Preferred, sufficient knowledge in municipal waste to properly identify items and determine acceptability.
- Basic computer and phone skills to effectively preform backup duties for Administrative Assistant.
- Must be able to lift and carry 40 pounds.
- Work safely without presenting a direct threat to self or others and work in a teamwork manner with other employees. Also must be able to work independently.
- Able to sit, stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Required to attend cash handling, procurement procedures and ethics classes.
- High School graduate or GED equivalent is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Quickbooks is preferred.
- Must obtain required Hepatitis B vaccination in the required time for health standards.
- Certification in Basic First Aid/CPR is required within 45 days of hire date.
- Prior to or on date of hire:
- Able to complete a thorough employment and/or criminal history check.
- Able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug test (not required for all positions).
- Final candidates will be required to provide official proof of college degree and certified transcripts (not required for all positions).
V. Position Details:
- The duties outlined in this job description are not all inclusive and additional duties and tasks will be assigned as required.
- Work location is Crook County Landfill
- Fair Labor Standards Classification: Non-Exempt
- Crook County is an equal opportunity employer
- This position is ‘at-will’, and either Crook County or the employee may terminate the relationship at any time with or without cause.
To apply for this job please visit crook-county.hiringthing.com.