Website U.S. Foods - Chef'store
Join Our Community of Food People!
CHEF’STORE® is your destination for the best in restaurant shopping – serving both professional chefs and home chefs alike. Get great food at wholesale prices: fresh produce, meat, dairy and more, in the variety and volume you need. It’s a fresh take on shopping for restaurant equipment and supplies, with easy access and a superior customer experience in our clutter-free stores. No memberships. Public welcome. CHEF’STORE means savings on everything you need.
When you join the CHEF’STORE® team you’ll notice that you keep encountering the same smiling faces. Many of our employees have been with us for 20 years or more. We value employees who care about the relationships they build with our customers, know the ins and outs of our stores, are ready to offer cost-saving tips, and help customers find exactly what they’re looking for.
As a primary contact for Cash and Carry customers, the Store Manager is heavily involved in and provides friendly, courteous, and helpful customer service on a daily basis. The store manager is also responsible for the total operations of the store and performs various duties personally or through supervision of store employees.
The Store Manager has full responsibility for the financial performance of the store including product merchandising/stocking, expense control, and achievement of sales and profitability goals; Responsible for the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) and associated programs to deliver the desired sales and profit results; recruits, trains and develops employees. The Store Manager ensures store adherence to all loss prevention procedures and performs Manager-on-duty functions, as well as any other duties or tasks required.
- Provide a store culture that focuses on both initiating and supporting outside sales calls as well as creating a strong, superior service culture within the store, creating an atmosphere of superior customer service that is focused on the company’s mandate: great food, great food people and making it easy.
- Manage the monthly Profit and Loss (P&L) and assist in the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) budgeting process; maintain budgeted sales and profits, with a focus on increasing sales, managing shrinkage and providing full support to all of the area Territory Managers (TMs).
- Implement and supervise strict controls regarding inventory standard operating procedures (SOPs), cash, checks, credit, and other critical aspects of the business, ensuring that all staff complies with company policies, procedures and store SOPs. Responsibility also includes making certain that the facility is well maintained and is a safe environment for staff and customers.
- Monitor the auto replenishment function of the Point of Sale (POS) to ensure that the correct products and quantities are being delivered in a timely fashion, providing the IT team with feedback on all aspects of the POS and cash management systems.
- Determine marketing strategy and devise marketing plans and effective store strategies to improve sales; responsible for initiating and executing marketing events and programs.
- Working with the Company’s HR department, actively advertise, recruit, interview, select, hire, orient, train, develop, and retain staff members.
- Responsible for continually monitoring the performance of all staff and conducting employee evaluations including follow-through on recommendations, training, and disciplinary actions, including but not limited to terminations, in consultation with the company’s HR department, where appropriate.
- Supervise and provide the store management and floor staff with day-to-day direction including scheduling, outlining of store goals and sales and shrinkage targets, and the communication, understanding, and addressing of subsequent results.
- Implement, provide and monitor training programs and opportunities as necessary to increase employee knowledge base, productivity, accuracy, improved sales and profits, morale, motivation and other significant factors.
- Actively communicate with the store staff about all merchandising and marketing programs and oversee the execution and follow-up reporting of such programs.
- Adhere to and communicate, and fully support and enforce all policies, processes, and procedures of the Company.
- Ensure that the facility is well maintained and is a safe environment for staff and customers.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned or required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required. A degree in Business Management,
- Supply Chain/Wholesale Management, or Accounting / Finance strongly preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in a retail work environment required.
- Must have at least three (3) years of management/supervisory experience.
- Must possess strong planning and solid organizational skills.
- Must exhibit the strong desire and ability to deliver superior customer service, and build professional relationships with the client base, maintaining a strong, consistent customer focus.
- Must possess the ability to think quickly and critically, make good, solid business decisions; demonstrate good common sense; and have the ability to think logically.
- Must maintain excellent leadership skills, be highly motivated and self-driven, and possess solid communication and conversational skills and negotiation skills.
- Must maintain the adaptability and the willingness to assist in accomplishing the job every day, ensuring that everything necessary is completed to offer the customer fast, easy and efficient, and professional service.
- Must maintain strong business awareness and an ability to review and interpret financial data.
- Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule that may include early mornings, late evening, holidays and/or weekends.
- Must possess and exhibit competency and proficiency with computer applications and Microsoft programs.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Individual will need to speak, hear, see, sit, or stand as needed. The incumbent will be required to perform computer keyboarding activities. The position will require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. The position will also require reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist, or lifting items as required for products, filing documents or storing materials throughout the work day. The position requirements will also include lifting items that weigh up to 50 pounds for products, files and computer printouts.
To apply for this job please visit usfoods.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.