A Lead Day Loader is responsible for the coordination of daily work assignments and activities of Day Loaders to ensure accuracy and efficiency standards are met. This position will manage, execute and build product loads consistent with the quick pick system. This position will maintain stability of loads built by following proper stacking techniques and paying close attention to pallets and carts placed in trucks. Works closely and has exceptional communication with their co-workers and the Warehouse Operations Manager.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Plan and coordinate daily work to ensure efficiency in labor usage, customer service and completion of workload.
- Manage and execute the building of pallets and invoicing of loads within the applicable software system.
- Build product loads for delivery and transport trucks. Utilize quick pick system to maneuver through the warehouse and retrieve appropriate product.
- Assign trailers to loads when necessary.
- Maintain stability of loaded pallets and carts through proper stacking techniques and shrink-wrapping at the completion of each load.
- Stage product pallet, cart or load in truck based upon route schedule and stops.
- Ensure product remains in satisfactory condition according to company standards through careful placement, transportation and attention to detail.
- Unload trucks and organize returned product, shells, pallets, and CO2 tanks.
- Execute regular inventory counts to ensure accurate inventory levels and numbers.
- Provide support as necessary to the inventory and product ordering process. Write orders to replenish inventory while avoiding insufficiencies or excessive surplus.
- Act as support and back up as necessary to the Lead Night Loader. Duties include but are not limited to coordination of work assignments for the Night Loaders, assign trailers and manage the building of pallets.
- Maintain proper housekeeping standards in work area through bailing cardboard, sorting breakage, throwing away garbage and picking up trash within the warehouse.
- Communicate with the Warehouse Operations Manager on a regular basis in regards to warehouse updates, areas for problem resolution and scheduling conflicts.
- Adhere to all requirements for warehouse equipment use, cleanliness and safety, follow all company safety policies.
- Observe company safety guidelines and practices in every phase of work. Report all hazardous conditions, safety concerns, injuries, incidents or property damage to your manager.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- This is a safety-sensitive position. The employee has the responsibility to always be cognizant of their own safety and the safety of others, must have the ability to perform job functions in a safe manner, and operate company equipment and/or vehicles with good judgment and awareness of surroundings at all times.
- Effective Communication Proficiency (Written and Verbal)
- Well Organized, Ability to Prioritize and a Self-Starter
- Attention to Detail and Accuracy
- Time Management
- Problem Solving and Analysis
- Ethical Conduct
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Active Listening
- Integrity, Initiative and Achievement
- Credible and Dependable
- Exceptional Work Ethic
- Computer Proficiency (Microsoft Office Suite, VIP, Margin Minder)
This job operates primarily in a warehouse setting, with rare outdoor exposure during the workday. This role routinely uses standard warehouse equipment such as a hand-truck, pallet jack, forklift, six-wheel and box cutters.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. The schedule is Monday through Friday with a varying start time based on daily workload. The schedule will include early morning start time. 40 plus hours weekly, with mandatory overtime as necessary. Shifts will not be completed until all required work and route stops are built. This is a non-exempt level position.
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED Required.
- Experience in a warehouse and building product loads.
- CDL or ability to obtain a CDL within a 4-month timeframe.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Forklift experience.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Employee must meet company standards for driving a company vehicle, pass a pre-employment drug screen, physical and background check.
Bigfoot Beverages provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, genetic information, or family history, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other status protected under applicable state or federal law.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.