Website Bethlehem Inn
Mission & Position Summary:
Founded in 1999, Bethlehem Inn is a community-supported emergency shelter committed to providing a safe, secure and accountable environment for residents to meet basic needs and connect to community resources. Our goal is to support adults and families in making life-affirming choices and measurable progress towards self-sufficiency.
Are you a great communicator? Do you have awesome skills for creative writing and data integrity? Would you like to join an organization that is passionate about serving our community, while creating positive change? Bethlehem Inn is seeking a Development Coordinator to serve as a key member of the Development team. This position supports all development efforts related to the Inn including marketing and fundraising. As a part of the Inn team, the Development Coordinator will display caring, sensitivity and flexibility in working with people experiencing homelessness within the program.
Bethlehem Inn is seeking a Development Coordinator to serve as a key member of the Development team. This position supports all development efforts related to the Inn including marketing and fundraising. This person will be involved with stewardship activities related to non-profit fundraising and relationship management, including working with a team to create and implement the fundraising, development and communications strategies for Bethlehem Inn.
Development Coordinator Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with the creation and implementation of marketing material, annual appeal, corporate appeals, social media and fundraising events
- Manage and oversee the donor database: donations and donor prospects in eTapestry; ensure timely gift acknowledgement; design and run reports and assist with database maintenance.
- Perform prospect research function and create donor profiles
- Assist with the implementation of annual appeal campaign and other fundraising activities.
- Partner with Development team to implement social media plan
- Assist Development team in maintaining the Inn’s website.
- Assist in collecting/analyzing donor data; generate regular donor reports
- Collaborate with Development team in the writing and production of quarterly newsletters
- Manage and track photo release process for current and former residents
- Manage inventory of Inn marketing materials, including letterhead, envelopes, etc.
- Coordinate information as needed for grant tracking reports
- Oversee in-kind donation processing and acknowledgement as appropriate
- Perform administrative duties as needed including filing, copying, sorting, mailing, etc.
- Work with Director of Philanthropy and Volunteer Resource Coordinator to ensure good relations with donors and volunteers.
- Coordinate in-kind donation needs with the Facilities team and program staff to ensure a smooth delivery of donations.
- Able to switch gears rapidly and to keep calm and focused during rapidly changing circumstances.
- Nurtures positive optimistic attitude in the staff and communicates a sense of mission to team.
- Demonstrates capacity to serve diverse people in a culturally sensitive and non-discriminatory manner.
- Sets and models high standards of honesty, integrity, and ethical behavior.
- Acts with a sense of reasoned urgency.
- Is adaptable and flexible and deals effectively with uncertainty.
- Demonstrates effective and professional written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Deals effectively with conflict and works towards positive resolution.
- Professional written and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail
- Experience working with a diverse team and promoting a positive brand image • Extensive experience with Microsoft Suite, Google Workspace
- Experience planning large scale fundraisers
- Expertise in developing and implementing effective social media campaigns and website management
- Experience with donor management systems (eTapestry)
- Experience with email platforms (Constant Contact)
- At least two years of successful work experience in development and fundraising, preferably in the nonprofit sector
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team — conflict resolution skills are beneficial
- Detail oriented
- Genuine interest in learning about the impact of homelessness on our community and other topics relevant to the Bethlehem Inn mission (existing knowledge and/or experience in these areas is a plus)
- Energetic and forward-looking thinker who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
Physical Demands with or without reasonable accommodation:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by Inn employees to successfully perform the essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. Stand. Walk. Use hands to finger, handle, or feel. Reach with hands and arms. Lift up to thirty (30) lbs. climb two (2) flights of stairs and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to fifty (50) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Equipment (machines, tools, devices) used in performing only the essential functions include computer and related equipment, copier, telephone.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- The work environment can be unpredictable depending on the time of day and resident activity. Bethlehem Inn is a fluid environment and a successful applicant should have the ability to think quickly on their feet and act with patience and compassion. Our residents are people with challenging needs often coming from chaotic circumstances. It is important for all staff to provide an environment of certainty and calm in what can sometimes be confusing situations. Knows when to involve staff in various situations.
The position is full-time (may include weekends). Regional travel may be necessary. Compensation: DOE.
Benefits include health insurance, PTO and a positive working environment that focuses on a balanced work-life structure.
How to apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Included in your cover letter, please address the following questions:
- Why are you interested in this position at Bethlehem Inn?
- What skills, experience or training qualify you for this position?
- What are three accomplishments you are most proud of in your professional life?
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org