Our airport teams work together to move guests and their belongings from curb to cabin, creating remarkable experiences along the way. Whether customer-facing or behind the scenes, we want to hear from you if you can be welcoming to people from all walks of life, think on your feet, and manage a flexible schedule. In return, you’ll receive a competitive total rewards package, professional development opportunities, and other benefits that are all designed to take you places.
The Customer Service Agent is responsible for above and below wing tasks which include guest interactions and ramp functions.
- Assist guests with travel needs (e.g., answering inquiries, baggage, ticketing, checking-in passengers and boarding flights) in a fast-paced environment.
- Work outdoors in all types of weather conditions while performing below wing functions (e.g., transports baggage and cargo, loads and offloads luggage and cargo, aircraft marshaling, pushes back the aircraft and aircraft deicing).
- Performs aircraft grooming and security searches.
- Perform boarding and gate duties (e.g., assisting and directing guests, making announcements, process standby’s and upgrade requests).
- Process and secure guest luggage. Files and maintains luggage claims as necessary including damaged, delayed and pilferage.
- Loads and offloads luggage and cargo with the use of conveyor belts.
- At the direction of management, may be assigned to perform duties of varying capacities to ensure complete guest satisfaction.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job-Specific Experience, Education & Skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to learn and operate a computerized reservation system.
- Typing speed of at least 25 WPM.
- Ability to consistently lift 50 pounds.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, reach and grasp.
- Ability to perform basic mathematics.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to participate in paid training that may require overnight travel.
- Depending on work location, ability to obtain USPS Mail Handling Certification.
- Ability to obtain airport security clearance.
- Ability to communicate in English.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum age of 18.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- A minimum of 1 year of customer service or community service experience.
Job-Specific Leadership Expectations
Embody our values to own safety, do the right thing, be kind-hearted, deliver performance, and be remarkable.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Where permitted by applicable law, new hires must have received the COVID-19 vaccine. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified employees with disabilities or for a sincerely held religious belief.
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k program with a company match up to 6%
- Monthly incentive pay plan up to $150 per month
- Annual incentive pay plan with a target 5% payout of annual earnings
- Generous paid time off
- Unlimited standby travel benefits on Alaska Airlines & Horizon Air
To apply for this job please visit alaskaair.jobs.