Website Worldwide TechServices
Worldwide TechServices is a global leader in delivering technology services and solutions to the world’s most demanding clients. Headquartered in Billerica, MA; we provide infrastructure services and professional services to the world’s leading technology providers, outsourcers, large and small businesses and consumers.
The Telecommunications Field Technician performs tasks related to the installation and repair of a variety of client products. Performs basic, moderately complex, and complex troubleshooting activities for various devices including satellite systems (VSAT), DSL, Cellular, Cable and other wireless and wireline connectivity solutions as well as related network equipment and connected media devices. The position interacts directly with clients and end users to address technical issues, restore business operations, and create a positive customer experience.
- Provide outstanding customer experience through positive customer interactions for commercial, residential, and government clients and end users
- Contribute to a positive work environment by collaborating with all internal and external clients –
- Install and upgrade new client devices
- Diagnose and repair satellite, wireless, and wireline transport systems including VSAT, DSL, Cellular, Cable, along with associated network and internet connectivity devices and interconnecting cables
- Follow all instructions of the client, support organizations and reference documents relative to the successful delivery of services
- Respond to client questions in a professional manner
- Work proactively and effectively to meet or exceed established customer service performance expectations (SLA’s)
- Complete real time detailed reporting of all call activity using company provided tools – as documented in established policies and guidelines
- Ensure control of assets and inventory through prompt turnaround of parts and equipment as required by client service agreements
- Complete all administrative tasks associated with each activity as documented in established policies
- Report all time, mileage, and expenses, in an accurate, and timely manner
- Responsible to adhere to all safety practices and polices
- Requires frequent use of ladders to access roof tops, drop ceilings, cable runs, roof or wall mounted satellite and transport system antennas
- The standard ladder used by WWTS (Worldwide Tech Services) has been rated by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) to hold a weight of (including tool belt and equipment) of up to 300 lbs.
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs
Education and Experience:
- Typically requires technical school certification, military telecom experience, or equivalent, and 2-5 years of telecommunications industry relevant experience
- Previous experience working with Field Service and Customer Service
- Maintain all required client specific safety certifications as directed by Management
- Must be part of stand-by rotation in the assigned geography as directed by manager
- Annual renewal of safety training and certifications as defined by the client or end user
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation with valid registration and adequate insurance
- Must pass a specific physical agility test at date of hire or internal transfer and every 3 years thereafter to continue to be eligible for the Telecommunications Technician duties
- Must meet all internal and external criminal background and drug screening requirements -on an annual basis or as business needs require
- Ability to communicate with clients clearly and concisely regarding technical issues
- Ability to work overtime as required
- Ability to drive long distances, and occasional overnight assignments within other geographies
- Ability to lift and or move various equipment and ladder up to 60 lbs.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.