WHO WE ARE
WATSON CREATIVE is a design-driven business consulting firm based in Portland, Oregon. Our portfolio includes top-tier firms, athletic organizations, and cultural icons. We’re designers, writers, parents, mentors, musicians, marketers, volunteers, programmers, filmmakers, MBA’s, and dreamers. For us, design is a passion, a sport, and an obsession.
WHO WE WANT
Watson is well known for brand strategy, but we are looking to continue to build excellence in ongoing marketing services for our clients. The most compelling part of our business plan is finally unfolding with a strong mix of engagement leveraging our subsidiary – Motiv8. We are looking for someone with a broad experience across traditional and digital marketing. You will be client facing and must have strong written and presentation skills.
Research. Ideate. Concept. Collaborate with brand strategists, account directors, designers, developers, and senior leadership. You will work with our team to set direction and manage ongoing marketing campaigns for our clients. We are looking for a seasoned leader who has a strong omnichannel background. Most of your work with be setting client strategy and direction, managing marketing calendars, media buys, social direction and setting strategies based on KPI’s.
- Plans and executes all web, SEO/SEM, database marketing, email, social media, and display advertising campaigns.
- Designs, builds, and maintains our social media presence.
- Measures and reports performance of all digital marketing campaigns and assesses against goals (ROI and KPIs).
- Identifies trends and insights and optimizes spend and performance based on the insights.
- Brainstorms new and creative growth strategies through digital marketing.
- Plans, executes, and measures experiments and conversion tests.
- Collaborates with internal teams to create landing pages and optimize user experience.
- Utilizes strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touch points.
- Identifies critical conversion points and drop off points and optimizes user funnels.
- Collaborates with agencies and other vendor partners.
- Evaluates emerging technologies.
- Provides thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate.
- MUST have solid presentation and written communication skills.
Experience. Know the software. Know the rules. Be adroit at juggling multiple projects. Know what “adroit” means, and know never to use it in front of a client (maybe). Care, even when you don’t feel like it. Be kind, even when you don’t feel like it. Know that a lot of very talented people will be applying for this role. Know how to get our attention. Know how to keep it.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in marketing or a related field
- Proven working experience in digital marketing, particularly within the industry
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and/or display advertising campaigns
- Experience in optimizing landing pages and user funnels
- Experience with A/B and multivariate experiments
- Solid knowledge of website and marketing analytics tools (e.g., Google
- Analytics, NetInsight, Omniture, WebTrends, SEMRush, etc.)
- Working knowledge of ad serving tools
- Experience in setting up and optimizing PPC campaigns on all major search engines
- Health Care Plan
- 401k Plan
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Paid Vacation
- Flexible schedules
- And more
Our headquarters are tucked away in Portland, Oregon, nestled between the Pacific Ocean, Columbia Gorge, and National Forests, as well as a few volcanoes. It’s the perfect catalyst for creativity and mischief; a place to stretch our legs and develop original, evolving, and meaningful solutions for our clients. Take a trolley. Bike it. Hike it.
We also have a satellite office in Bend Oregon, which we encourage you to spend time at.
WATSON CREATIVE provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, WATSON CREATIVE complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
WATSON CREATIVE expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of WATSON CREATIVE’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
To apply for this job please visit watsoncreative.com.