WHO WE ARE
WATSON CREATIVE is a design-driven business consulting firm based in Portland, Oregon. Our portfolio includes top-tier firms, athletic organizations, and cultural icons. We’re designers, writers, parents, mentors, musicians, marketers, volunteers, programmers, filmmakers, MBA’s, and dreamers. For us, design is a passion, a sport, and an obsession. www.WatsonCreative.com
WHO WE WANT
Are you passionate about account management, relationships and efficiency? Do you have a knack for inspiring creatives to see the opportunities that exist for our clients? Do you see the big picture, the details, and everything in between? Do you thrive in fast paced, fluid environments? WATSON is looking for the brightest minds to help us exceed our clients’ expectations through the timely delivery of high-quality solutions.
Job Title: Sr. Account Manager
Job Function: Bridge between the agency and our clients
Pay Structure: Salary + benefits
Reports to: VP of Operations
The Account Manager role at Watson creative is responsible for developing relationships and crafting scopes of work for new clients, in partnership with our CEO, overseeing and providing account leadership for several existing accounts, running the day to day management of some programs, and keeping all the teams working on accounts within the Account Manager’s purview happy, and delivering on time and on budget.
The ideal candidate will have 7-12+ years of varied creative agency experience and a background overseeing and directly managing complex, multidisciplinary programs including brand identity, traditional advertising, digital design and development, and upstream strategy and concept development.
You will deliver premium business solutions on time and on budget for the agency requiring the ability to work effectively with team members and clients alike. As a team leader and strategist, the Account Manager must communicate effectively both internally and with our clients, plan effectively to optimize studio bandwidth, maintain the long term vision for each account in partnership with the Creative Director. In some cases the Account Manager will have a Project Manager to partner with on client budgets, schedules, team management and deliverables trafficking.
Account Managers are responsible for overseeing the entire process; from understanding client needs and opportunities, crafting scopes including professional fees, hard cost estimates and billing schedules, collaborating with internal teams on robust, detailed project plans, managing all aspects of production, and ensuring programs are on time and on budget throughout. You will own and drive the client relationship through every phase of work, and be responsible for long term efficiency, profitability and growth targets.
Finally, we know how we want projects to run. You will be entering a system of overarching principles and tools. We expect you to adapt and be prepared to contribute to our way of doing business.
In particular within Watson Creative, the AM’s role is to:
- Partner with our CEO to develop strong client relationships, manage client expectations, craft strategic scopes of work that our team can deliver successfully, and help maintain our profitability and monthly targets
- Be prepared to shepherd multiple cross-disciplinary scopes of work through the agency at one time, with or without the support of a Project Manager
- Build out detailed project schedules including internal and client meetings, outlining weekly tasks each team member is responsible for, and update them weekly.
- Oversee the various production stages, including any vendor relationships, managing to a predetermined production budget
- The ideal candidate will have strong agency experience across strategy, brand identity, creative concepting, media, and experience producing print, content (copy, photo, video) and digital work (websites and digital marketing).
- Experience working with small and medium sized clients on rebranding efforts preferred. We will also favor candidates who have experience running larger programs or initiatives for large organizations.
- Reserve the necessary studio resources, updating them weekly. Make sure all relevant information is shared and discussed with internal teams and clients on a regular basis, and keep all project management tools and file structures up to date. It’s worth noting that we use Google Docs – specifically Google sheets that you will be expected to use and maintain. We do not use MS Excel or Word unless requested by a client.
- Ensure all deliverables have gone through final creative approval and proofing before being shared with the client.
- To handle this workload, the Account Manager needs to be a strategic thinker, a great communicator, identify common goals and have a sharp eye for detail.
- Work with the CEO and Creative Directors to bring in new business
- Build and foster productive, efficient and positive client relationships
- Scope and estimate programs effectively ensuring on time and on budget delivery
- Work closely with creative leads to identify opportunities, and roadblocks
- Champion account management best practices across the studio
- Nurture a positive and result-oriented work environment
- Maintain a deep understanding of your key clients’ business to further WATSON CREATIVE’s lead in the marketplace
- Lead with integrity and empathy
- Seven years or more managing cross functional creative projects with mid-sized teams
- Highly organized, problem solver, and self-driven
- Natural leadership and inspiring work ethic
- Passionate about the work and organizational efficiency
- Knowledgeable in various project management philosophies such as waterfall, JIT, AGILE, LEAN principles
- Excellent written and spoken communicator
- Ability to formulate feedback in a constructive manner
- Ability to manage design staff with patience and empathy
- Ability to interface with clients in a highly professional manner
- Comfortable with ambiguity, fluidity and client requests for revisions
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Ability to wear multiple hats, including working outside of this job description
- Solid and well-developed sense of integrity
- Excellent organizational skills
- Health Care Plan
- 401k Plan
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Paid Vacation
- Flexible schedules
- And more
Our headquarters are tucked away in Portland, Oregon, nestled between the Pacific Ocean, Columbia Gorge, and National Forests, as well as a few volcanoes. It’s the perfect catalyst for creativity and mischief; a place to stretch our legs and develop original, evolving, and meaningful solutions for our clients. Take a trolley. Bike it. Hike it.
WATSON CREATIVE provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, WATSON CREATIVE complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
WATSON CREATIVE expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of WATSON CREATIVE’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
To apply for this job please visit watsoncreative.com.