WHO WE ARE
WATSON CREATIVE is a design-driven business consulting firm based in Portland, Oregon. Our portfolio includes top-tier firms, athletic organizations, and cultural icons. We’re designers, writers, parents, mentors, musicians, marketers, volunteers, programmers, filmmakers, MBA’s, and dreamers. For us, design is a passion, a sport, and an obsession.
WHO WE WANT
WATSON is looking for the best and brightest creative minds to bring our clients goals to life through fresh inventive solutions. The ideal candidate has experience in fast-moving creative environments – specifically the inner workings of agency life. You must have a hunger for diversity of work – large AND small accounts that across most every industry. We strongly prefer if you have a strong level of experience dealing with branding, but we are willing to consider other related experiences.
You must have a strong visual sense and a well-developed design point of view – regardless of function/department. A strong portfolio of previous related work and proven experience are important. Because you will be working directly with clients, you need professionalism and confidence to explain your ideas to clients and colleagues and an understanding of time allocation, and deadlines. You will partner on projects from start to finish with a peer on the Account Team.
As a Director, you will be guiding and stitching work across the studio, leveraging designers, writers, videographers, Illustrators, developers and others to bring brand experiences to life. You will also be expected to roll up your sleeves and work on projects from time to time.
Lastly, you must have the ability to work under pressure, be comfortable with changing expectations and client’s requests for revisions and work well in a deadline-driven environment is important.
- Work with the CEO and Account Directors to bring in new business
- Build and foster productive, efficient and positive client relationships
- Partner with the accounts team to help scope and estimate programs
- Work closely with studio to identify opportunities, and roadblocks
- Champion creative best practices across the studio
- Nurture a positive and result-oriented work environment
- Lead with integrity and empathy
- Leverage insights and research to develop brand and marketing creative concepts.
- As a director, we expect that you understand and can mentor the studio on:
- Work on Branding, Print, Digital, Environment, Video, and Photo shoots.
- Create outlines, paginations, wireframes, and storyboards;
- Prepare final layout with finished copy and art;
- Passionate about design and have superb typography and layout skills.
- Stay abreast of design trends and techniques, and disseminate knowledge to colleagues;
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent;
- Highly creative and self-driven;
- Excellent written and spoken communicator;
- Thick skin: able to take critique and direction;
- Ability to interface with clients in a highly professional manner;
- Ability to wear multiple hats, including working outside of this job description;
- Solid and well-developed sense of business integrity;
- Competitive wellness package;
- 401k matching plan;
- Profit sharing plan;
- Continuing education reimbursements;
- Monthly speakers series;
- Generous PTO;
- Flexible schedules;
- Gym membership;
- Dog(s) in the office.
Our headquarters are tucked away in Portland, Oregon, nestled between the Pacific Ocean, Columbia Gorge, and National Forests, as well as a few volcanoes. It’s the perfect catalyst for creativity and mischief; a place to stretch our legs and develop original, evolving, and meaningful solutions for our clients. Take a trolley. Bike it. Hike it.
We are located next to the Broadway Bridge (just across from the Pearl District) and adjacent to the Moda Center, where you can catch a Blazers game or concert after work. Free off-street parking is always available; senior staff get parking passes. The PDX Trolley is at our doorstep. In our building is a café and a bar, and there’s even a brewery in the basement.
WATSON CREATIVE provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, WATSON CREATIVE complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
WATSON CREATIVE expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of WATSON CREATIVE’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
To apply for this job please visit watsoncreative.com.