As a rover, you will work on assignments that are routine in nature where limited judgment is required within a geographic area, but not limited to one facility
- Process a variety of routine financial transactions including check cashing, withdrawals, deposits, and loan payments
- Balance cash drawer, counting currency and coin accurately
- Assist customers in determining the types of account that will meet their financial needs
- Open and process all types of deposit and loan accounts including complex retail products such as consumer loans, VISA merchant accounts, and small business loans
- Cross-sell other bank services and refers customers to other departments as appropriate
- Answer questions and/or resolves complex technical problems on customer accounts
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Demonstrate compliance with all bank regulations that apply to your position, and keep up to date on regulation changes.
- Maintain working knowledge of our policies and procedures regarding the Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation CC, Regulation E, Bank Security and other regulations that apply to your position.
- Cash handling experience
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task effectively
- Ability to understand and follow directions
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Proficient use of Microsoft Word and Excel software applications and ability to operate a variety of office equipment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, use tact and diplomacy; maintains professional dress and demeanor
- Demonstrated sales skills
- Valid drivers’ license
- Completion of high school, vocational training, or equivalent
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- extended periods of standing
- occasional walking
- lifting up to 20 pounds.
No relocation offered.
We do things a little differently here at Umpqua. Our retail stores serve as community hubs, our associates are given up to 40 hours of volunteer time each year, and we’re never satisfied with the status quo. It’s no wonder we’ve made “Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For” eight years in a row. But greatness has no finish line, so we continue every day to keep people at the center of everything we do. We focus on building relationships, understanding our customers’ needs and connecting to people in new and innovative ways — always staying true to our mission of providing personalized banking for all people, whenever and however they prefer to bank.
Umpqua Bank is committed to employing a diverse workforce
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability
We maintain a drug-free workplace and may perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.adp.com.