Website Tumalo Industries
Tumalo Industries (operates The Herb Center & Dr. Jolly's)
ABOUT TUMALO INDUSTRIES:
Tumalo believes the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. We treat everyone with dignity and respect. Our focus on Quality, Service, and Fair Pricing guides our decisions. We seek out great dispensaries, manufacturers, and cultivators in Oregon who share our values to join our company.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Tumalo Industries is acquiring existing dispensaries across the state of Oregon. The ideal candidate will be a key player in our rapidly-growing company, competently and happily overseeing HR responsibilities for 100+ employees at multiple locations (two retail locations, manufacturing and cultivation facilities, and any field team supporting the brand throughout Oregon). Expansion plans will grow the number of people to support in the near future. This position reports directly to the CFO, and works closely with the payroll processor. We’re looking for an excited, high-energy candidate to shape our culture, policies and processes as we grow!
- Create, implement, maintain and evaluate all human resource policies, procedures, and structures, including creating and maintaining company handbook, training materials and SOP’s.
- Maintain employment records related to hiring, transferring, promoting, and terminating. Input and maintain all relevant data and produce reports as necessary, for all HR functions (payroll, benefits, leaves of absence, work performance, etc.)
- Process and track all paperwork for unemployment claims, and file appeals when necessary. Respond to requests for information from employees and outside agencies.
- Respond to employee questions and resolve issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Address employment relations issues, such as work complaints and harassment allegations.
- Process all personnel action forms. Partner with management to address ongoing issues, provide guidance and assist with documentation, discussions, and terminations. Oversee quarterly and annual employee performance review process.
- Partner with management in shaping and leading policy changes.
- Assist the Chief Operating Officer with any tasks as needed.
- Manage overall bi-weekly payroll process for all hourly/salaried employees, in a multi-unit environment. Maintain good record keeping of all payroll files and sound internal controls.
- Understand and ensure compliance with internal policies & procedures as well as all federal, state and local payroll tax regulations, including wage & hour and overtime regulations and laws.
- Perform all duties necessary for overall Time and Attendance (T&A) administration and maintenance. Oversee and maintain T&A system for reporting, auditing and communication to managers and employees. Create and maintain accurate company wage guidelines.
- Respond to employee and management questions and concerns regarding paychecks, time reporting, PTO, and pay policies.
- Assist with year-end audits, workers compensation audits, 401(k) audits, and regulatory filings. Handle requests for wage verification, levies and garnishments.
- Track and monitor all KPI’s, sign-on bonuses, and payday advances (when applicable).
- Understand and manage benefits programs. Coordinate organization’s benefits administration and work with new hires to enroll them.
- Actively participate in coordination of Open Enrollment sessions throughout the year. Communicate deadlines and explain benefits as needed. Troubleshoot employee benefit issues.
- Provide leave administration, including support for employees and managers for all leave requests (including FMLA, and other federal/state leaves). Process paperwork, track leave timelines and facilitate correspondence with employees and external agencies.
Recruitment / Onboarding / Training
- Assist department heads in identifying hiring needs. Help manage the overall recruitment process to ensure it runs smoothly.
- Oversee hiring process, including coordinating job posts, reviewing resumes, and performing reference checks.
- Screen candidates, and inform applicants regarding details of job duties, responsibilities, benefits, schedules, working conditions, etc.
- Ensure new hire paperwork is completed and processed, and explain HR policies, procedures, laws, and standards to new and existing employees.
- Design and implement effective training and development plans.
Compliance & Record Keeping
- Ensure all employee records are maintained and updated with new hire information or changes in employment status. Understand and ensure compliance with all state and company policies.
- Maintain integrity of all confidential information. NDA required.
- Responsible for legal compliance as related to METRC (Marijuana Enforcement Tracking Reporting & Compliance), including but not limited to city, state, and local requirements
- Strong organizational, time management, problem-solving and team management abilities skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of the team
- Comfortable working in a non-private office setting, in a start-up environment. Flexible and adaptable to continuous change/growth. Must be able to adapt to a variety of working environments (including offices, warehouses and manufacturing facilities, with the ability to gather information from a range of employees)
- Flawless work output and exacting attention to detail. Accuracy and efficiency a must!
- Ability to focus, self-manage and prioritize tasks. Appropriate sense of urgency, with ability to intelligently escalate issues / concerns as needed.
- Ability to maintain a friendly, courteous, and compassionate demeanor at all times.
- Desire and ability to go above and beyond designated duties. Takes initiative and ensures all tasks and responsibilities are handled.
- Ability to champion the company mission statement & core values, and maintain high ethical standards and professionalism in all business interactions.
- Knowledge of and ability to navigate the complex compliance requirements governing cannabis companies. Must stay up to date and on top of new regulations as they occur in an ever-changing industry.
- Strong and broad HR knowledge, including labor legislation, payroll processes, recruitment, and general benefits
- At least 3 years’ proven experience in a similar role. Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or a relevant field is a plus
- 21 years of age or older
- Possess or willing to obtain an OLCC marijuana workers permit, and comply with all OLCC and company regulations and company policies
- Computer proficiency in Google Suite (Drive / Sheets / Docs) and MS Office (Excel, Word, Adobe Acrobat). Quickbooks a strong plus!
- HR Certifications a plus (Professional in Human Resources; SHRM Certified Professional; Senior Professional in Human Resources, etc)
DETAILS & EXPECTATIONS
- Position is based in Bend, OR. This person will work on-site the majority of the time (allowing for pandemic safety protocols when applicable). Infrequent in-state travel may be required.
- Approximate hours are 9am – 6pm, Monday – Friday, with occasional after hours or weekend work if needed.
- Full time position, approximately 40 – 45 hours per week
- BENEFITS: We offer 401k, company medical and vision plan, employee discount, two weeks paid time off, product samples and bonuses. (Benefits package valued at approximately $10/k annually). Annual performance reviews.
Offering $70 – $80k annually, plus potential bonuses up to $20k annually. Salary dependent on experience.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org