Pronghorn Resort Golf Club in Bend, OR is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of full-time and/or part-time Greenskeeper I. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service.
Key Responsibilities of the Greenskeeper I:
- Operates some equipment used in course maintenance.
- Mowers: fairway, tee.
- Small machinery: string trimmer, fly mow, backpack blower.
- Involved in course detail tasks: weed and debris clean-up, poa eradication, etc.
- Performs chemical applications: hose handler.
- Maintains equipment fluid levels: gasoline or diesel, oil, etc. (throughout day)
- Reports equipment problems/failures to mechanic immediately and completes correct paper work.
- Performs daily equipment repair and maintenance as directed by Head Mechanic.
- Ensures that all equipment used is washed properly, returned to designated location and charging if applicable.
- Performs bunker maintenance: operation of mechanical rake.
- Planting and maintenance of vegetative material.
- Transporting material.
- Responsible for hand watering plant material.
Minimum Qualifications for the Greenskeeper I:
- One month related experience or training.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to work outdoor shifts
- Must be able to work weekends
- Must maintain regular and reliable attendance
- Candidates must be able to meet the physical demands of the position, which include: regularly standing; walking; climbing or balancing; and stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.