This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-paced and innovative Biotech manufacturing operation in Central Oregon. The Area Supervisor will gain experience in all aspects of the operation including area oversight, supply chain management, quality control, engineering projects, and continuous improvement sessions.
The person in this position is part of a small, fun, energetic, and cross-functional team. The Area Supervisor will rotate through different areas of responsibility to facilitate their development. During the rotations, they will work with additional business groups including Purchasing, Sourcing, Engineering, Product Development, and outside vendors.
Regardless of the area assigned, they’ll strive for continuous improvement through the implementation of LEAN principles. This person will help facilitate problem-solving sessions with peers and production operators to improve the quality of our product and the production environment.
Responsibilities and Dynamics in the role:
- Oversight of an assigned area within the operation, which will change based on the needs of the business and the individual’s development. Rotations include:
- Supply Chain Ownership
- Manage the receipt and inspection of raw materials
- Facilitate local and international shipping between business sites and to our customers Oversee the supply of raw materials in an organized fashion to a variety of different production areas
- Train and manage seasonal help in core warehouse duties
- Production Area Oversight
- Support the operating team by teaching best practices
- Task operating team members with work based on Forecasts and Orders
- Maintain an accurate inventory of Raw Materials and Finished Goods through the use of our ERP system
- Support special projects such as:
- New equipment commissioning
- Experimental product construction
- Engineering improvement projects
- Ops efficiency improvements
- New technology research and integration
- Equipment Specification
- Propose improvements to process and equipment by writing proposals that include ROI calculations
- Support our customer-facing teams in the field by providing grower deployments, leading quality investigations, and training on how to effectively use our productions.
- Lead problem-solving sessions with quality and operations team members
- Use ERP (Dynamics AX) to maintain inventory/shipping/operations records
- Maintain efficient communication with vendors and internal stakeholders
- Supply Chain Ownership
Beneficial qualities and skillsets:
- Bring an energetic can-do approach to any project or responsibility, we are here to learn and have fun
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite and highly confident using computers
- Demonstrated experience managing short and long-term projects.
- Certification for Dangerous Good Shipping (Suterra will provide if not currently certified)
- Strong written and oral communication skills are essential. The ability to communicate professionally in high-pressure situations is critical.
- Enthusiasm for teamwork across multiple functions of the organization.
- Experience in teaching and or educating peers on new processes/equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems while understanding risks to resources and deadlines.
- Mechanical, Electrical, Software proficiencies will be given special consideration.
College degree or similar educational achievement in one of the following, or similar, fields:
Suterra is the world’s leading provider of biorational products for crop protection and commercial pest control. The company is dedicated to researching, developing, and commercializing environmentally-friendly products using naturally occurring compounds such as pheromones.
Suterra is growing rapidly and investing heavily in new product development and active ingredient chemical synthesis. Suterra’s parent company, The Wonderful Company, has invested over $80 million in a modern, state-of-the-art facility in Bend, Oregon to synthesize active ingredients and manufacture proprietary dispensing technologies.
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental, and 401k with match eligibility.
- Subsidized gym membership.
- Wonderful Giving (www.wonderfulgiving.com) — allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.adp.com.