Website SummitWest Environmental, Inc.
The ideal candidate will have some experience in environmental consulting or logistics. They will also be available to cover some nights and weekends. Benefits are offered to employees who average 30hrs/week after 60 days.
Opportunity for performance review and pay discussion at 90 days.
Please reply with your resume and cover letter.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
The Scheduler will be responsible for coordinating the schedules of field staff based on client requests, staff availability and professional capacity, and proximity of the staff member to the work location. This position requires night and evening availability by phone, the ability to make quick decisions based on the unique requirements of every individual client or staff request, and the capacity to interpret environmental requests to place the most qualified and yet regionally available staff member into any given work situation. The scheduler must love continual social engagement and must be skilled at multitasking and handling multiple requests and calls simultaneously. The Scheduler must be comfortable with managing cancellations, scheduling conflicts, and changes to staff availability, and must be capable of finding rapid alternative scheduling solutions. The Scheduler must prioritize the work-life balance of field staff by minimizing drive times and back-to-back shifts, while also maximizing company profitability and client satisfaction.
While acting as a primary support scheduler to the Operations manager at times of high work-flow and when the Operations Manager is absent, the Scheduler will also maintain an independent scheduling workflow separate from the Operations Manager, representing distinct clients or projects.
The scheduler will work directly with SummitWest Clients, and must therefore represent SummitWest through professional, capable, and flexible execution of scheduling tasks. The Scheduler must be comfortable calling, messaging, or providing live calendars to clients to request additional work for unscheduled staff or to negotiate changes in current staffing. Rapid response time is integral to the successful performance of duties. As such, the Scheduler will respond to all scheduling requests within one hour during Mon-Fri working hours, and within three hours after the work-day hours or during weekends/holidays.
The Scheduler should understand SummitWest’s company culture and lead by example, promoting SummitWest’s policy of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, and encouraging the “5 Behaviors”.
The SummitWest 5 Behaviors:
- Being solutions-oriented
- Being proactive
- Being self-sufficient
- Being helpful and collaborative
- Communicating clearly and frequently
The Scheduler’s attitude and personality is integral to the function of the SummitWest team, and the role will be met with professionalism, punctuality, and enthusiasm. The Scheduler will be a pro-active, self-directed team player who uplifts others through support and who thrives in a dynamic and challenging work environment.
- Possess a Degree in human resources, administration, Natural Resources, or related field, or minimum of 3 years of experience managing staff schedules and administrative duties for a company with at least 15 employees
- Strongly proficient in computer software including Excel, MS word, Google Sheets, Dropbox, etc.
- Must be able to use hand-held, electronic devices
- Solid time management and follow-through skills, with the ability to simultaneously work on and manage multiple tasks/projects with tight deadlines.
- Self-motivated; strong initiative, and ability to work remotely with only remote supervision for months at a time.
- Ability to talk with people, coordinate, and deal with a myriad of personality types
- Must be comfortable with the on-call nature of being a scheduler and willing to take evening and weekend scheduling requests.
- Ability to work at the computer or phone for up to 8 hours per day, and willing to work evenings (when needed) and weekends.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship.
- Must obtain clearance through SummitWest background check (upon employment).
- Must adhere to and support SummitWest’s commitment to diversity and equality.
- Work at a desk or on a computer up to eight (8) hours per day
- Stand on your feet for four (4) or more hours at a time
Why Work For SummitWest?
SummitWest takes pride in recruiting and retaining the top talent in our field. We uplift our employees through:
- Positive reinforcement
- Challenging employees to take initiative, pride, and ownership of new roles
- Valuing and promoting individual career goals and skill sets through an extended mentorship program
- Embracing a diversity of perspectives by listening to, learning from, and engaging with employees
- We take meaningful action on staff recommendations and commit to providing tangible benefits that will positively influence our employees throughout their careers.
- Must be able to be on the phone/communicate with staff throughout the day
- Must be able to work remotely and in a collaborative environment and report to the office
- Willingness to travel for work as needed
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org