Website SummitWest Environmental, Inc.
Preferable part-time position, but can be full-time or grow to full-time. Benefits are offered to employees who average 30hrs/week. The ideal candidate would have some experience OR be a student in a related business/accounting field. We are able to work with your schedule and some work can be remote, however, office hours are preferred. Our office is in Downtown Bend. Willing to work with student/class schedules.
Opportunity for performance review and pay discussion at 90 days.
Please reply with your resume and cover letter.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
The Accounting and Administrator Support role is to offer support to SummitWest Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable. The role is a combination of accounting and data entry and administrative paperwork support. This role is multi-faceted and involves performing numerous duties simultaneously, working in an office environment, and collaborating with others.
Accounting: The primary role will be in assisting with and ultimately, being accountable for client invoices, updating QuickBooks, and keeping track of and proper filing of receipts from employees, payroll hours, and totals.
Administrative: This position will help ensure that all administrative aspects of the company run smoothly. Administrative duties may include functioning as a Scheduler for ongoing project work.
This role is integral to the function of the SummitWest office team and must be met with professionalism, punctuality, and enthusiasm.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Keep Google Drive documents up to date and organized
- File paperwork
- Label digital files according to the SummitWest schema
- Data entry
- Obtain insurance certificates for clients
- Act as a backup scheduler to support the Operations Manager at times of high work-flow, during scheduled evening and weekend shifts, and when the Operations Manager is absent.
- Assist with invoices; compare staff entries to invoice data; invoice data entry; invoice final QC (compare invoices to Clockify reports and totals)
- Assist the Operations Manager with time entries into Clockify
- Budgets and paying bills
- Generate invoices for the Operations Manager to QC
- File receipts from employees
- Ensure all staff submit receipts as required; label them appropriately
- Accounting Clerk’s Certificate, Associates Degree, or Bachelors Degree in progress, preferred in Accounting or Business
- Preferred 1 year + of experience in administration or management
- Strongly proficient in computer software including Excel, MS word, Google Sheets, Dropbox
- Solid time management and follow-through skills, with the ability to simultaneously work on and manage multiple tasks/projects with tight deadlines.
- Self-motivated; strong initiative, and ability to work remotely with only remote supervision for months at a time.
- Ability to talk with people, coordinate, and deal with a myriad of personality types
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must carry valid vehicle Insurance and be able to commute to/from the work location
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship.
- Must obtain clearance through SummitWest background check (upon employment).
- Must show commitment to SummitWest’s equity and diversity promise
- Ability to work a flex schedule including evening and weekend shifts.
Work at a desk or on a computer for up to eight (8) hours per day
Why Work For SummitWest?
- SummitWest takes pride in recruiting and retaining the top talent in our field. We uplift our employees through:
- Positive reinforcement
- Challenging employees to take initiative, pride, and ownership of new roles
- Valuing and promoting individual career goals and skill sets through an extended mentorship program
- Embracing a diversity of perspectives by listening to, learning from, and engaging with employees
- We take meaningful action on staff recommendations and commit to providing tangible benefits that will positively influence our employees throughout their careers.
- Must be able to be on the phone/communicate with staff throughout the day
- Must be able to work remotely or in a collaborative environment and report to the office
- Willingness to travel for work as-needed
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com