Essential Job functions:
- Responsible for answering patient phone calls and making outbound phone calls to schedule appointments according to department protocols.
- Obtains, verifies and updates patient information; maintains confidentiality according to policies:
- Patient demographics
- Pre-registration of patients
- Insurance contracts and coverage
- Other data fields as needed
- Ensures accuracy in placing orders in the electronic health record.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of the insurance grid for all services performed
- Adheres to workforce maximization schedule.
- Answers phones immediately and demonstrates ability to transfer calls with the highest customer service possible. Consistently provides the highest level of customer service when interfacing with patients, co-workers and other SMG departments.
- Achieves a minimum call standard as pre-determined by department goals. Maintain 90% or higher call quality threshold
- Works as a team member demonstrating respect of the individuals, supportive and helpful towards co-workers and physicians.
- Maintains a clean and professional work environment.
- Establish and maintains a positive working environment at all times – acts as a brand ambassador for all SMG providers and services.
General Job functions:
- Responsible for scheduling patient appointments in multi-specialty, multi-location environment.
- Accurately recommends physicians and schedules into more than 18 medical specialties with individual scheduling criteria for 100+ providers.
- Responsible to identify and coordinate the required medical test prior to seeing a physician for a physical examination or to bring a patient in fasting.
- Creates patient orders in the electronic health record with correct diagnostic codes for physician’s review for laboratory and imaging testing.
- Coordinates diabetes focused visits which include identifying and scheduling required diabetic labs, identifying correct diagnostic codes for diabetic orders and also identify if an ophthalmology or podiatry appointment is required.
- Coordinates appropriate patient appointments for the SMG outcome initiative which is tied to physician dashboards.
- Must be able to identify WC/MVA insurance cases for referral to a case coordinator.
- Perform patient account upgrades including demographics, health insurance, referring provider and PCP.
- Must be knowledgeable and conversational in all health insurances that are par or non-par with SMG.
- Adheres to the call center schedule while being accountable to follow specific call quality guidelines and measurements.
- Reviews any outstanding monies due to SMG when scheduling appointments.
- Must be comfortable with daily extensive computer use navigating multiple applications while engaging in conversations with patients or clinical office staff.
- Confined Spaces
- Allergens: dust, mold and/or pollen
- Combative patients/visitors
Education, Certification, Computer and Training Requirements:
- High School Graduate/GED required.
- 2 years customer service experience required.
- 2-4 years’ related experience preferred
- Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing required.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
- Ability to organize and perform multiple tasks in a timely manner required. Strong attention to detail required.
- Previous office and computer experience required. Experience with Standard Office Technology in a Window based environment preferred.
- Experience with Standard Office Equipment (Phone, Fax, Copy Machine, Scanner, Email/Voice Mail) preferred.
Physical Job Requirements:
- Dexterity of hands and fingers.
- Required to wear a headset.
- Endurance (e.g. continuous typing, prolonged standing/bending, walking).
A friendly and fast-paced environment working with passionate people
Outstanding growth opportunities
Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
Short/Long Term Disability, HSA, and Life Insurance
401K plan with company matching contribution
Cash Bonus Programs
Recognition and rewards programs to recognize successful teams
Other Perks & Discounts
Commuter and parking discount program to help you save (using pretax dollars)
*Full Time Benefit Eligible Employees Only
Equal Opportunity Employer
Our Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, race, color, religion, creed, gender/sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression (including transgender status), national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Our Company cares about the safety of our employees and applicants. Our Company does not use chat rooms for job searches or communications. Our Company will never request personal information via informal chat platforms or unsecure email. Our Company will never ask for money or an exchange of money, banking or other personal information prior to the in-person interview. Be aware of potential scams while job seeking. Interviews are conducted at select Our Company locations during regular business hours only. For information on job scams, visit, https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/JobScams or file a complaint at https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/.
To apply for this job please visit shm.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.