The Entry Screener position throughout St. Charles Medical Group encompassing practices in three Central Oregon counties and numerous specialties including family care, internal medicine, obstetrics and gynecology, pediatrics, immediate/urgent care, cardiology, pulmonology, rheumatology, general surgery, cancer care, and sleep medicine.
St. Charles Medical Group Entry Screener caregivers will assist in ensuring our outpatient clinics and all who enter remain healthy and safe. The primary purpose for the “Entry Screener” is to ensure all caregivers, patients, visitors, and vendors are monitored for temperature, symptoms and appropriate access before entering the facility. This position does not directly manage any other caregivers.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
- Greet caregivers, patients, visitors and vendors with a kind and patient demeanor.
- Conducts all activities with the highest standards of professionalism and Complies with all HIPAA requirements.
- Provide instructions on entry procedure to each screened individual and ensure all protocols are strictly followed.
- Ask screening questions (provided by Safety & Security Manager).
- Maintain controlled access to the clinic facilities at all times.
- Accept packages and arrange delivery to departments.
- Work with clinic leadership to provide directions to visitors and vendors to ensure they know how to get to their destination.
- Responds appropriately to emergencies by calling or contacting appropriate internal and external parties, according to established protocol.
- Supports the vision, mission and values of the organization in all respects.
- Supports Value Improvement Practice (VIP- Lean) principles of continuous improvement with energy and enthusiasm, functioning as a champion of change.
- Provides and maintains a safe environment for caregivers, patients and guests.
- Conducts all activities with the highest standards of professionalism and confidentiality. Complies with all applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures, supporting the organization’s corporate integrity efforts by acting in an ethical and appropriate manner, reporting known or suspected violation of applicable rules, and cooperating fully with all organizational investigations and proceedings.
- Delivers customer service and/or patient care in a manner that promotes goodwill, is timely, efficient and accurate.
- May perform additional duties of similar complexity within the organization, as required or assigned.
- Required: High School Diploma or GED.
- Preferred: N/A
- Required: N/A
- Preferred: Customer services experience. Healthcare experience.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
Must be able to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required to perform the job safely.
- Continually (75% or more): Standing and walking, lifting/carrying/pushing or pulling 1-10 pounds, grasping/squeezing.
- Frequently (50%): Sitting, bending, stooping/kneeling/crouching, climbing stairs, lifting/carrying/pushing or pulling 11-25 pounds.
- Occasionally (25%): Climbing ladder/step-stool, reaching overhead, lifting/carrying/pushing or pulling 25-50 pounds, operation of a motor vehicle, using clear and audible speaking voice and ability to hear normal speech level.
- Rarely (10%): Keyboard operation.
- Never (0%): Ability to hear whispered speech level.
- Exposure to Elemental Factors
- Occasionally (25%): Heat, cold, wet/slippery area, noise, dust, vibration, chemical solution, uneven surface.
- Blood-Borne Pathogen (BBP) Exposure Category
- Risk for Exposure to BBP
To apply for this job please visit stcharles.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.