The Patient Access Department registers and schedules all patients for medical services as ordered by their physician, obtaining all key information required to bill for services provided. Our goal is to provide professional, accurate and timely service within all aspects of registration and scheduling.
Registers all patients for medical services as ordered by their physician. Provides professional, accurate and timely service within all Admitting functions. This position does not directly manage any other caregivers.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
- Demonstrate the ability to mulit-task, provide attention to detail, complete accurate data entry in a fast paced environment with multiple distractions.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills in a manner that promotes goodwill, is timely, efficient and accurate.
- Ability to work with patients and/or family members who may be experiencing multiple different emotions.
- Excellent Verbal, Written and communication skills.
- Functions as a patient representative during registration/interview process.
- Must demonstarate the ability to select the correct insurance plan, send and review eligiblity responses.
- Basic understanding of Medicare and Medicaid requirements.
- Has a clear understanding of how to accuralty select the correct patient and accurately assign an encounter number.
- Ability to work in mulitple computer programs as required.
- Assists professional staff as requested.
- Assists with special projects as needed.
- Perform other clerical or support duties as needed.
- Collects co-pays and deductibles from patients..
- Has the ability to back up Financial Counseling staff as needed to take payments, give out financial assistance information and complete presumptive eligiblity.
- Has a clear understanding of all downtime processes.
- Valuables and Medications will be collected and documented from patients to be placed in the safe when there are no family members to receive them.
- Attend required meetings, training, and online trainings as assigned.
- Must be able to utilize available resources.
- Supports the vision, mission and values of the organization in all respects.
- Supports Value Improvement Practice (VIP- Lean) principles of continuous improvement with energy and enthusiasm, functioning as a champion of change.
- Provides and maintains a safe environment for caregivers, patients and guests.
- Conducts all activities with the highest standards of professionalism and confidentiality. Complies with all applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures, supporting the organization’s corporate integrity efforts by acting in an ethical and appropriate manner, reporting known or suspected violation of applicable rules, and cooperating fully with all organizational investigations and proceedings.
- Delivers customer service and/or patient care in a manner that promotes goodwill, is timely, efficient and accurate.
- May perform additional duties of similar complexity within the organization, as required or assigned.
- Required: High School Diploma or GED.
- Preferred: High school or college courses in medical terminology preferred, general/medical office practices preferred.
- Required: Minimum of two years customer service experience. Previous PC/Windows experience.
- Preferred: Collection and data entry experience.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
Must be able to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required to perform the job safely.
- Continually (75% or more): Use of clear and audible speaking voice and the ability to hear normal speech level.
- Frequently (50%): Sitting, standing, walking, lifting 1-10 pounds, keyboard operation, operation of motor vehicle.
- Occasionally (25%): Bending, climbing stairs, reaching overhead, carrying/pushing or pulling 1-10 pounds, grasping/squeezing.
- Rarely (10%): Stooping/kneeling/crouching, lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling 11-25 pounds, operation of a motor vehicle.
- Never (0%): Climbing ladder/step-stool, lifting/carrying/pushing or pulling 25-50 pounds, ability to hear whispered speech level.
- Exposure to Elemental Factors
- Never (0%): Heat, cold, wet/slippery area, noise, dust, vibration, chemical solution, uneven surface.
- Blood-Borne Pathogen (BBP) Exposure Category
- No Risk for Exposure to BBP
To apply for this job please visit stcharles.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.