The Executive Chef Supervisor at St. Charles Health System provides leadership and direction to assure food quality, safety and service for all St. Charles Health System food service customers. The Executive Chef Supervisor will ensure daily operations are running smoothly in all areas of food services including deli, café, catering and room service. This position directly manages caregivers in the Food Services department.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
- Develop menus for cafeteria, deli, catering and patients with attention to healthful, high quality and revenue generating items. Sets standards for food production while reducing waste and maintaining food cost targets.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures that guide and support the provision of nutritional services, high standards for food safety and sanitation practices, while maintaining compliance with current laws and regulations. Completes and maintains checklists and standard work for all food production shifts.
- Demonstrates effective financial management with the ability to develop cost-effective solutions relating to staffing, resource allocation, product selection, ensuring productivity goals.
- Serve as service recovery expert for all areas of food services department. Responsible for responding to all customer complaints in a timely and professional manner.
- Ensure food services department physical environment and equipment is clean and in working order.
- Responsible for food safety and sanitation process development and monitoring.
- Coordinate with the manager to assist with controlling food costs and revenues to meet budget parameters.
- With the Food Services Manager and peer supervisors, develop a strong team of talented culinary professionals by applying constant mentorship.
- Hires, directs, coaches and monitors the performance of all direct reports, to develop and maintain a high performance team that meets organizational and department goals. Communicates regularly with each direct report across all shifts, coaching and directing as needs are identified. Assists in the evaluation process for assigned caregivers.
- Provides and oversees team’s delivery of customer service in a manner that promotes goodwill, is timely, efficient and accurate.
- Maintains daily and weekly schedules for the department keeping staffing within budget parameters.
- Adjust schedule as needed to assure all work is being done.
- Reports to Food Service Manager any situation that needs to be taken to the next step to be resolved.
- In absence of Food Service Manager oversees all caregivers and daily operations.
- Supports the vision, mission and values of the organization in all respects.
- Supports Value Improvement Practice (VIP- Lean) principles of continuous improvement with energy and enthusiasm, functioning as a champion of change.
- Monitors and ensure all direct reports are current with compliance and safety requirements. Implements and manages organizational safety directives and goals.
- Conducts all activities with the highest standards of professionalism and confidentiality. Complies with all applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures, supporting the organization’s corporate integrity efforts by acting in an ethical and appropriate manner, reporting known or suspected violation of applicable rules and cooperating fully with all organizational investigations and proceedings.
- Delivers customer service and/or patient care in a manner that promotes goodwill, is timely, efficient and accurate.
- May perform additional duties of similar complexity within the organization, as required or assigned.
Required: High School diploma or GED. Graduate of culinary school or equivalent experience.
Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality, Culinary Arts or healthcare related field.
Required: ServSafe Manager certification and documented food allergen training within 90-days of employment (must have food handler card prior to employment if not currently ServSafe Manager certified). Valid Oregon driver’s license and meet SCHS driving requirements. Ability to travel to SCHS/SCMG worksites required.
Preferred: Food allergen, culinary, nutrition and/or dietary management certifications preferred.
Required: Minimum 3 years experience as an Executive Chef or commensurate level.
Preferred: Healthcare food service and/or multi-unit leadership experience.
ADDITIONAL POSITION INFORMATION
Must know food preparation techniques. Must know basic arithmetic to accurately interpret weights, measures and pricing. Must have the working knowledge of food service routines, food safety and food handling procedures
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
Must be able to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required to perform the job safely.
- Continually (75% or more): Sitting, keyboard operation, use of clear and audible speaking voice and the ability to hear normal speech level.
- Frequently (50%): Standing, lifting 1-10 pounds, grasping/squeezing.
- Occasionally (25%): Bending, reaching overhead, carrying/pushing or pulling 1-10 pounds.
- Rarely (10%): Walking, stooping/kneeling/crouching, climbing stairs.
- Never (0%): Climbing ladder/step-stool, lifting/carrying/pushing or pulling 11-50 pounds, operation of a motor vehicle, ability to hear whispered speech level.
Exposure to Elemental Factors
- Never (0%): Heat, cold, wet/slippery area, noise, dust, vibration, chemical solution, uneven surface.
- Blood-Borne Pathogen (BBP) Exposure Category
- No Risk for Exposure to BBP
To apply for this job please visit stcharles.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.