Hospital-Based Medical Practices is accountable for the daily operations of multi-provider, multi-location hospital-based and clinic based medical practices for St. Charles Health System and St. Charles Medical Group including: Infectious Disease, Emergency Medicine, Hospitalist, Pediatric Hospitalist, Neuro Hospitalist, Neonatology, Critical Care, and Trauma.
The Coordinator, Hospital-Based Medical Practices coordinates the activities of multiple hospital based medicine practices, provides practice support and assists the practice manager in the following tasks/objectives and initiatives. Provider scheduling, contracts, licensing, tracking and reconciliation of initiatives. On-boarding and off-boarding providers, coordinating locum provider use, scheduling and calendar coordination for provider meetings and continuing medical education. Coordinates with system departments on initiatives and practice development. Coordinates, implements and tracks provider leadership engagement, peer review and chart auditing. Coordinates with the transfer center for alignment in processes and coverage. Gathers data for review of metrics, quality reporting and patient safety for all practices and locations. Assists in implementation of practice policy and procedures. Any other duties related to the successful management of the practice.
This position does not directly manage any other caregivers.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
- Responsible for the coordination of the Clinical Division Director and Practice Manager with facility department managers, outside agencies, medical staff for multiple hospitals. Coordinates with risk, legal, quality and other system departments on initiatives and practice development.
- Maintains accurate and complete database of information to ensure status of all Hospital-Based Medical Practices providers and is accurate, complete, and timely.
- Responsible for effective communication with providers, support departments, outside agencies, and other caregivers. All written, email, and verbal communications must be conducted in a professional, courteous, and timely manner.
- Responsible for provider scheduling, payroll reporting, shift tracking and reconciliation with adherence to contracts.
- Responsible for support to Physician Leads, this includes, but not limited to, training coordination, development of training tools, development and tracking of proctoring, peer review and survey support for all facilities and providers.
- In conjunction with St. Charles Medical Group assists in the recruitment and on-boarding of newly employed providers, as well as off-boarding and development of processes and implementation. Assists with Locum provider coordination for privileging, orientation, shift scheduling and recruiter contact for practice.
- Coordinates, implements and tracks provider leadership engagement, peer review and chart auditing.
- Coordinates with the transfer center for alignment in processes and coverage.
- Working with St. Charles Medical Group finance team – retrieves data for review on metrics, quality reporting and patient safety for all practices and locations.
- Assists in creation and implementation of practice policy and procedures manual.
- Role models two-way communication of the St. Charles Health System mission, vision, values, and strategic plan for the department.
- Supports the vision, mission and values of the organization in all respects.
- Supports Value Improvement Practice (VIP- Lean) principles of continuous improvement with energy and enthusiasm, functioning as a champion of change.
- Provides and maintains a safe environment for caregivers, patients and guests.
- Conducts all activities with the highest standards of professionalism and confidentiality. Complies with all applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures, supporting the organization’s corporate integrity efforts by acting in an ethical and appropriate manner, reporting known or suspected violation of applicable rules, and cooperating fully with all organizational investigations and proceedings.
- Delivers customer service and/or patient care in a manner that promotes goodwill, is timely, efficient and accurate.
- May perform additional duties of similar complexity within the organization, as required or assigned.
Required: Associate’s degree, related business training and education or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required: Three (3) years in a related position.
Preferred: Skill with computer applications in past work experience. Well-developed operational analysis and problem solving skills.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
Must be able to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required to perform the job safely.
- Continually (75% or more): Use of clear and audible speaking voice and the ability to hear normal speech level.
- Frequently (50%): Sitting, standing, walking, lifting 1-10 pounds, keyboard operation.
- Occasionally (25%): Bending, climbing stairs, reaching overhead, carrying/pushing or pulling 1-10 pounds, grasping/squeezing.
- Rarely (10%): Stooping/kneeling/crouching, lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling 11-15 pounds, operation of a motor vehicle.
- Never (0%): Climbing ladder/step-stool, lifting/carrying/pushing or pulling 25-50 pounds, ability to hear whispered speech level.
- Exposure to Elemental Factors
- Never (0%): Heat, cold, wet/slippery area, noise, dust, vibration, chemical solution, uneven surface.
- Blood-Borne Pathogen (BBP) Exposure Category
- No Risk for Exposure to BBP
To apply for this job please visit stcharles.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.