Website SELCO Community Credit Union
Live a Good Life
Join our Team as a Member Service Specialist!
As a member-focused credit union, we’re looking for new team members who have a desire to help others. Whether empowering people to reach their goals in person or behind the scenes, our employees share a commitment to creating meaningful relationships with our members and community. We’re also a fun place to work, and we offer competitive pay, professional development, and great benefits! To learn more about SELCO, view the full position description, and apply, please visit https://www.selco.org/join/careers!
We are currently looking for full-time, non-exempt Member Service Specialist to join our team! In this role, you will provide an exceptional service experience for SELCO’s members, team members, and guests. Please see the position description for more details.
This position will work onsite at the West Bend Branch in Bend, Oregon. The Member Service Specialist is only eligible for in office/branch arrangements. The successful candidate will need to be available to work Monday – Friday between the hours of 8:00am and 6:30pm and some Saturdays from 9:45am-2:15pm.
Base salary: The full salary range for the Member Service Specialist is $20.30 to $28.45 per hour, with new hires generally starting between $23.00 and $25.75 per hour, based on relevant knowledge, skills, education, and experience. This range will be converted to semi-monthly ranges for full-time employees.
Incentives: This position is eligible for monthly referral incentives ranging from $5.00 to $100.00 per sold referral, depending on the product or service.
Annual Incentive: In addition, all SELCO team members receive an annual incentive based on how well SELCO meets the prior year’s strategic business goals. This incentive is calculated using the team member’s prior year eligible earnings and ranges from 0%-12% (with the average payout over the last five years being 11.07%).
Our team’s well-being is a priority, and we’re proud to offer a comprehensive and holistic benefits package for team members and their families.
- Medical, dental, vision, long-term disability, and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan (with guaranteed employer contributions)
- Paid time off for personal and volunteer hours, as well as 10 paid holidays per year
- Additional programs and benefits include wellness and educational reimbursements, an employee assistance program, discounted rates on select SELCO services, and more.
Check out our complete benefits list here!
Essential Functions include (please see the position description for a comprehensive list):
- Welcome and interact with internal and external members and customers in a warm and friendly manner, demonstrate a sincere interest and willingness to help, and consistently address and thank the member by name.
- Provide member service and perform duties with a very high level of accuracy and efficiency to elevate the member service experience, minimize the need to redirect members to others, and help guide them when redirecting is needed while maintaining alignment with service expectations, instructions, policies and procedures including:
- Build and develop member relationships by asking open-ended questions, identifying member needs, and promoting and cross-selling suitable SELCO’s core and specialized products and services.
- Routine teller services i.e., counting and documenting cash, posting transactions, etc.
- Complex teller services i.e., GL entries, vault balancing, etc.
- Basic member service i.e., processing ACH, card, wire, and account change requests.
- Complex member services i.e., account opening, research, and problem resolution.
- Answer incoming calls and assist with specific inquiries.
- Basic loan services i.e., loan signing and disbursement
- Complex loan services i.e., conduct loan interviews, gather information and documentation, submit requests to underwriting, communicate with members, coordinate signing, and follow up as needed.
- Assist team members and other departments, as needed.
- Demonstrate adaptability and leadership skills, and uphold SELCO’s mission statement, corporate values, service promises, and exceptional customer service standards.
Required Skills and Abilities include (please see the position description for a comprehensive list):
- Exceptional customer service skills by using the G-VAL-HI approach to providing service. Greet people, Value them. Ask how you can help. Listen. Help them. Invite them back.
- Initiative and ability to effectively cross-sell SELCO’s products and services.
- Effective and professional communication skills in person, over the phone, and in writing including through electronic channels.
- Good interpersonal skills that enable working independently and as part of a team at all organizational levels.
- Ability to apply knowledge acquired through job training and self-study of procedures and updates.
- Computer and software application skills, including Microsoft Office.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent; and
- Minimum one (1) year of customer service or sales experience; and
- Must maintain active federal registration with Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System; and
- Must be bondable.
To apply for this job please visit www.selco.org.