Website Platt Electric
Are you the best solution seller in your shop? Do you sell on service and capabilities before price? Want access to the best digital tools, top suppliers, and services you can sell beyond the cardboard box? Join Platt as a Counter Sales Representative !
At Platt you will have access to digital tools and customer integration services that will make finding (and keeping!) customers quicker and easier. As well as being able to provide the best products on the market due to our partnerships with the top suppliers.
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone is valued, treated with dignity and respect, and empowered to do their best work.
The position of Counter Sales Representative will be located in our Bend, OR location!
The Counter Sales Representative is a resource for immediate service and product knowledge for our customers. Provides excellent customer service by assisting customers promptly and courteously with their purchases and efficient processing of their orders. Works closely with the branch team to assist in receiving, shipping, and stocking.
What You’ll Do
- Provides excellent customer service by assisting customers promptly and courteously with their purchases and processing of their orders or returns
- Assists in driving electrical distribution sales for our counter business and developing new and existing customer relationships
- Assists with daily restocking, showroom maintenance, and keeping showroom and counter clean and organized
- Assists with warehouse functions as needed, including receiving, shipping, stocking, and deliveries
- Stays informed and educated on product knowledge
- Assists inside sales as needed
- Informs manager of any potentially hazard or elevated situation pertaining to safety or the satisfaction of a customer
- Other duties as assigned
The information contained in this job description is intended to describe the essential job functions required of those assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to perform the job. Please note that management retains the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The ability to competently perform all the essential duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation, demonstrated commitment to effective customer service delivery, integrity, and the ability to work productively as a member of a team or work group are basic requirements of all positions at Rexel USA.
What You’ll Need
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2+ years of customer service, sales, or electrical distribution experience preferred
- Previous branch experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Electrical product knowledge and experience; including lighting, switchgear, controls, and electrical commodities preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of electrical distribution or other electrical sales environments preferred
- Familiarity with automated order entry systems & PCs running Windows-based software preferred
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate on all levels within internal and external groups
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good team player
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work efficiently and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to type on a computer keyboard
- Great attitude
- Desire to improve Electrical Product knowledge
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Exposed to unpleasant or disagreeable physical environment such as high noise level and/or exposure to heat and cold Occasionally – up to 20%
- Exposed to bio hazardous conditions Occasionally – up to 20%
- Exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals which mandate attention to safety considerations Occasionally – up to 20%
- Exposed to electrical hazards; risk of electrical shock Occasionally – up to 20%
- Handles or works with potentially dangerous equipment Occasionally – up to 20%
- Travels to offsite locations Occasionally – up to 20%
- Sit: Must be able to remain in a stationary position Frequently – 21% to 50%
- Walk: Must be able to move about inside/outside office or work location Constantly – at least 51%
- Use hands to finger, handle or feel: Operates a computer and other office machinery Constantly – at least 51%
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl: Constantly – at least 51%
- Climb or balance: Must be able to ascend/descend on a ladder Occasionally – up to 20%
- Talk, hear, taste, smell: Constantly – at least 51%
Weight and Force
- Lift up to 10 pounds Constantly – at least 51%
- Lift up to 25 pounds Frequently – 21% to 50%
- Lift up to 50 pounds Occasionally – up to 20%
- Lift up to 100 pounds Occasionally – up to 20%
- Lift more than 100 pounds Occasionally – up to 20%
“Rexel USA (A VEVRAA Federal Contractor), and its affiliated companies, is an EEO/Disabled/Veterans employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to any characteristics protected by law.”
Our Benefits Include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401K with Employer Match
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Paid company holidays plus flexible personal days per year
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health & Wellness Programs
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- HSA Accounts
- Commuter Transit Benefits
- Additional Optional Insurance such as Pet Insurance, Legal Assistance, Critical Illness, Home and Auto Insurance to name a few.
- Employee Discount Programs
- Professional Training & Development Programs
- Career Advancement Opportunities – We like to promote from within!
To apply for this job please visit jobs.rexel.com.