Website PCC Schlosser
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Manage all purchasing requirements to include ordering, cost savings, and contracts with vendors. Manage all PMs to include creating/editing PMs into MP2, issuing PMs to maintenance personnel and processing paper work for completed PMs. Manage spare parts inventory to include store room and spare parts cabinet organization, automated spare parts tracking and appropriate min/max levels.
Objective: To ensure that identified departmental equipment and spare parts needs are fulfilled in the timeliest, efficient and cost effective manner.
Essential Job Functions
- Place small value purchase orders as required.
- Research cost savings opportunities by obtaining quotes from several different vendors.
- Resolve discrepancies on invoicing, receiving and pricing issues.
- Follow-up on overdue purchase orders and expedite critical shipments.
- Initiate and compile packing slips and debit memos, deliver items to shipping to be sent out for repair or return.
- Assist purchasing in setting up contracts for store room vendors.
- Maintain purchasing files.
- Compile and issue monthly reports as required.
- Compose correspondence, documents and forms as required.
- Resolving vendor contract discrepancies.
- Input purchase orders into the visibility computer system.
- Update Process Control Procedures Manual.
- Update Department Maintenance Cost spreadsheet
SPARE PARTS INVENTORY
Objective: To ensure spare parts are organized in such a way that they are easy to find, labeled, entered into automated spare parts tracking system and are stocked according to defined min/max levels.
Essential Job Functions:
- Identify spare parts requirements for all equipment.
- Establish appropriate min/max spare parts levels.
- Organize store room and spare parts cabinets by labeling locations, labeling spare parts and issuing part numbers.
- Update and maintain automated inventory tracking system.
- Process incoming spare parts.
Objective: To support Maintenance Personnel and Departmental needs as required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Establish new PMs as required by using equipment manuals, and receiving input from Maintenance Personnel, Team Leaders, ect.
- Create and edit PMs in the MP2 software system.
- Establish new equipment numbers and maintain new equipment data as needed.
- Generate PMs, Issue PMs and maintain completed PM data in files and in the MP2 software system.
- Generate daily reports on PMs, equipment downtime, work order aging and other reports as needed.
- Maintain all files on PMs, equipment data, purchasing data and other miscellaneous files.
- Contact Vendors for service calls, repairs, adjustments and breakdowns.
- Act as liaison between maintenance and operators, team leaders, managers, vendors and other PCC Plant personnel.
- Maintain WOS data for all departments.
- Process completed work orders in work order database program.
- Assist on other departmental tasks as needed.
COMPUTER SKILLS REQUIRED
- Microsoft Outlook (Email)
- Minimum of four years of experience in purchasing and inventory control.
- Ability to manage high dollar value spare parts inventory.
- Ability to follow up on purchase requests, departmental requests, vendor and contractor requirements and other requests/requirements as needed.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to properly prioritize work load.
- Ability to be highly organized.
- Ability to use various computer systems and software to include Visibility, MP2, Excel, Word, Access, Microsoft Outlook Email, Internet and others as required
- Ability to work independently and as a team member, and to give and receive instructions and training.
- Ability and desire to continue education and take classes to improve job skills as needed.
- Ability to drive a forklift.
- Physical ability to perform the essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
To apply for this job please visit pcctalentacquisitionportal.tal.net.