Website PCC Schlosser
- Competitive Starting Pay & Amazing Bonus Program
- Regular Performance Reviews
- No experience necessary, all training provided
- Advancement Opportunities
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
- Excellent Benefits
- Great 401(k) Program
- Safe & Friendly Work Environment
- 4-Day Workweek (most jobs) & Optional Overtime
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Position supports the manufacturing process by removing shell material from cast molds. Removing the pour cup, separating the individual part from the mold by method of oxy/acetylene torch cutting. Sorts and segregates scrap material by alloy type.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Prepare molds for removal of pour cup, by utilizing forklift, hand held air guns, hammers, and/or jackhammer.
- Operate Waterblast cabinet, to aid in removal of shell material from molds.
- Utilize an oxy/acetylene-cutting torch to separate part(s) from the mold.
- Operate a variety of belt grinders, or hand held air grinders, to assist in gate removal from casting.
- Utilize a Tannewitz friction cutting bandsaw, to remove gating and/or test material from molds/parts.
- Operate a shotblast cabinet, and a sandblast cabinet to remove shell material from inside pocket areas, or hard to access areas.
- Use of dimensional measuring equipment required when performing certain cut-off operations.
- Responsible for safe work practices by adhering to safety rules, safely operating all equipment and tools identifies and reports safety problems.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions, and work well with limited supervision.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail on all learned skills.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing to co-workers and supervisor.
- Ability to work with hands and posses a good mechanical ability.
- Ability to work in a safe and conscientious manner; adhere to safety rules.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or equivalent. Prior experience operating a cutting torch, and hand held power tools is preferred.
Ability to work with hand and power tools. Must be able to write, climb stairs, stoop, and reach to perform daily job functions. Ability to exert up to one hundred pounds of force to lift and move molds from the cooling table into the waterblast cabinet, and sandblast cabinets.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
To apply for this job please visit pcctalentacquisitionportal.tal.net.