Website Partners In Care
Hospice Medical Social Worker (MSW) (Full Time) Location: Bend, OR & Surrounding Areas, LaPine & Surrounding Areas **$2000.00 Sign On Bonus** Partners In Care is proud to be Central Oregon’s only independent, non-hospital based, not-for-profit home health and hospice organization. We’ve been certified by Medicare to offer Home Health services since 1986 and Hospice services since 1979. Combining both services allows us to offer the most comprehensive home care in Central Oregon. In most cases, our patients have the unique option to keep the same organization and care-giving team as their health conditions change. This continuity of care is a hallmark of the Partners In Care experience.
The Medical Social Worker provides counseling and related support services to assist in meeting the identified psychosocial needs of patients and families enrolled on our services
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides a range of professional Social Work services to referred patient/families appropriate to address identified needs including, but not limited to ongoing assessment services, counseling, emotional support, home care planning, patient/family education, resource identification, information and referral advocacy, and other supportive services.
- Establish/maintain collaborative relationships with related community agencies/resources to support patient/family care and identified psychosocial needs.
- Graduate of a master’s program in social work accredited by the council on social work education.
- 1-3 years of applicable experience in the treatment of end-of-life care in a hospice or hospital setting.
- Experience/understanding of psychosocial issues related to illness and end of life care.
- Experience/ability to work as part of an Interdisciplinary team.
Licensure / Certification:
- Valid State of Oregon Clinical Social Worker license (LCSW)
- Current automobile insurance required. Valid Oregon driver’s license and/or reliable transportation required.
- Current CPR required
- Bilingual desired
- May be exposed to extremes of heat and cold in all weather conditions. May drive in various weather conditions on roads in varying degrees of repair.
- May be exposed to infections and contagious diseases. Contact with patients under wide variety of circumstances.
- May be exposed to/occasionally exposed to patient elements. Subject to varying and unpredictable situations.
- Handles emergency or crisis situations.
- Travel required throughout Partners In Care’s central Oregon area of service coverage including LaPine, Crescent, Christmas Valley, Prineville, Madras, and Sisters.
OSHA exposure Category I: Position includes tasks that involve exposure to blood, body fluids, tissues. Required Personal Protective Equipment as conditions warrant including: Gloves, gown, mask, mask with shield, goggles, shoe covers, bouffant cap.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the organization shall provide reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified persons with disabilities, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of the organization.
Intent / Function:
All descriptions have been reviewed to ensure that only essential functions and basic duties have been included. Peripheral tasks, only incidentally related to each position, have been excluded. Requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform the duties of the position. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements delineated be interpreted as all-inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned as deemed appropriate. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals.
Full time position (32-40 hours week) – flexible hours including weekend coverage for hospice patients. You may be called upon to flex your hours (up or down) to meet the needs of the business. Additionally, you may be required to assist in providing on-call coverage when necessary, and as assigned by the Supervisor.
Full time employees who successfully complete their first 60 days of employment are eligible for benefits which include Health, Dental, Vision, Paid time off (vacation, holiday, and sick pay) 403(b) retirement plan (employee contribution) and Life Insurance.
How to Apply
Qualified external qualified applicants are encouraged to apply online https://www.partnersbend.org
To apply for this job please visit www.partnersbend.org.