Website Partners In Care
Hospice Medical Social Worker (MSW)
Partners in Care is seeking a full time Hospice Medical Social Worker (MSW)
The Medical Social Worker provides counseling and related support services to assist in meeting the identified psychosocial needs of patients and families enrolled on our services.
$2000.00 sign on bonus
Who we are
At Partners In Care, our employees and volunteers are our greatest asset. Our core values include respect, compassion, quality, integrity, and community. We take pride in having employees who are exceptionally skilled and enthusiastic about their work. Our organization has achieved a five-star rating in both our Hospice and Home Health work.
Partners In Care is the oldest and finest hospice and home health organization in Central Oregon, emphasizing respect, compassion, and support within a family centered, full-service program. Partners In Care provides post-acute care to residents throughout a 10,000 square mile region of Central Oregon who are medically fragile, experiencing chronic and serious illness, recovering from surgery, or need end-of-life care at home or in our hospice in-patient facility called Hospice House. As an independent non-profit organization, Partners In Care works in close partnership with the patient or client’s family, the community, and other care organizations to ensure quality care.
- Completes comprehensive psychosocial assessments on patients/families referred for Hospice services.
- Contributes to the interdisciplinary plan of care by establishing goals and interventions based on patient/family psychosocial issues and needs identified in the assessment process.
- Provides a range of professional social work services to referred patient/families appropriate to address identified needs, including, but not limited to ongoing assessment services; counseling; emotional support; home care planning; patient/family education; resource identification; information and referral; advocacy and other supportive services.
- Functions as a member of the interdisciplinary care team; coordinates and consults with other team members to ensure timely and appropriate deliver of social work services to patients and families and ongoing continuity of care.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with related community agencies to support patient/family care and identified psychosocial needs.
The above statements are meant to be a representative summary of the duties of the hospice Medical Social Worker position.
- Excellent people skills
- A passion for providing the best care for patients and families
- Provide compassionate care with dignity to all we serve
- Graduate of a master’s program in social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education
- Current CPR
Preferred Education and Experience
- Licensed clinical social work certification (LCSW) preferred.
- Experience in providing social work services in a hospice/home health care or hospital setting.
- Experience/understanding of psychosocial issues related to illness and end of life care.
- Experience/ability to work as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Two medical plan options
- Two dental plan options
- Life & Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Plans
- Aflac and Legal Shield (both voluntary)
- MASA – voluntary transportation benefit
- 403b retirement savings with employer match
- Paid time off
- Comprehensive orientation and ongoing education and support
- Fun social gatherings and celebrations
Partners In Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to providing a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, physical characteristics, age, religion, creed, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability, or veteran status. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the organization provides reasonable accommodation to assist individuals in performing their essential duties required by their job. All qualified candidates legally able to work in the United States are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit www.partnersbend.org.