Website Partners In Care
Partners in Care
We are searching for a Hospice House (Inpatient Unit) Caregiver to join our team. We’re exploding with excitement! Our region’s only Hospice House is set to open our new replacement facility soon. Twelve private suites surrounded by beautiful gardens. Offering comfort for hospice patients and respite for family caregivers. Join our team to work in our new facility!
Responsible for meal preparation and contributes to patient care and ensures accurately prepared meals are served to patients. Responsible for the facility cleanliness and sanitation.
- Ensures kitchen and entire dietary department area is cleaned, as needed. Washes all utensils and dishes used in food preparation after each meal.
- Cleans patient rooms, bathrooms, and all hospice house public areas daily.
- Washes in-house linens and patient’s personal laundry.
- Cleans all patient rooms, beds, cabinets, restrooms upon discharge of patient.
- Removes all trash from facility daily.
- Stocks and re-supplies patients’ rooms on an ongoing basis and upon discharge.
- Assist co-workers and others, as needed.
- Helps when necessary, by performing other related duties as assigned by the manager.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of patient and family information.
- Provides for a safe environment for patients, guests, visitors and employees.
- Keeps abreast of changes and trends by attending all mandatory in services and participates in staff meetings as designated by manager.
- Understands and adheres to the Facility’s Mission and policies and procedures and advocates its philosophy.
- Adheres to all policies, procedures and regulations regarding patient care, conduct, safety, fire, security, and risk management.
- Provides excellent customer service to all patients/ families/caregivers, co-workers, vendors, and physicians.
- Carries out duties and responsibilities of position in a manner that exemplifies excellent customer service.
- Consistently represents the facility to all internal and external customers with integrity and professionalism.
- Communicates all necessary information to manager.
- Adheres to the PIC mission and values. Supports the organization.
- Is self-directing with the ability to work with little direct supervision.
- Demonstrates tact, patience, and good personal hygiene.
- Demonstrates oral and written communications
- Good organizational skills
- Position Requirements:
- One-year preferred experience in institutional maintenance
- 2 years’ preferred experience in preparing meals for others from a menu, preferably in a health care setting.
- Food handlers license
- Current automobile insurance required
- Valid Oregon driver’s license and/or reliable transportation required
- Bilingual desired
- May be exposed to infections and contagious diseases. Contact with patients under wide variety of circumstances.
- May be exposed to/occasionally exposed to patient elements. Subject to varying and unpredictable situations.
- Handles emergency or crisis situations. OSHA exposure category:
- Category I ― Position includes tasks that involve exposure to blood, body fluids, tissues.
- Category II ―Position includes tasks that involve no exposure to blood, body fluids, tissues, but employment may require unplanned Category I tasks.
- Category III ― Position includes tasks that involve no exposure to blood, body fluids, tissues; would not be required to perform Category I tasks.
- Required Personal Protective Equipment as conditions warrant:
- Gloves, gown, mask, mask with shield, goggles, shoe covers, bouffant cap.
Partners In Care is proud to be Central Oregon’s only independent, non-hospital based, not-for-profit home health and hospice organization. We’ve been certified by Medicare to offer Home Health services since 1986 and Hospice services since 1979. Combining both services allows us to offer the most comprehensive home care in Central Oregon. In most cases, our patients have the unique option to keep the same organization and care-giving team as their health conditions change. This continuity of care is a hallmark of the Partners In Care experience. We offer a comprehensive benefit plan including medical, dental, and vision coverage; plus, we have a generous 403 (b) plan (with an employer contribution!), life insurance-, short- and long-term disability, competitive compensation, paid time off (PTO) and a diverse workforce that is passionate about patient care. At Partners In Care, we know the best care is provided by employees who are well-supported. We work together to demonstrate our values of Respect, Integrity, Accountability, Stewardship, and Compassion for everyone who walks through our doors, patients, and coworkers alike. We would love to hear from you! “Partners In Care provides reasonable accommodations to assist qualified individuals in order to perform the essential duties/requirements their job requires. The description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements and serves as merely a summary rather than a complete listing of duties. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities, and working conditions may change as needs evolve. This job description does not constitute a contract as employment is at will.”
How to Apply:
Join the Partners In Care Team (partnersbend.org)
In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and its implementing regulation, Partners In Care is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and will not discriminate against race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability (Mental or Physical), communicable disease, or place of origin as defined in the section 504 of Title VI
To apply for this job please visit www.partnersbend.org.