Website Oxford Collection
The Manager in Training is responsible for learning and participating in the day-to-day operations of the hotel with the guidance and direction of the hotel General Manager and/or Department Manager. The Manager in Training will provide exceptional caring and genuine guest service at all times and uphold the Oxford Collection of hotels standards and culture.
Essential Job Functions:
The Manager in Training is a developmental position. It is a hands on position that allows an individual to learn all aspects of the hotel operations. The timing and the completion of the training will be unique for each individual. Each individual will work in each department which can include the following; Food and Beverage, Front Desk, Sales and Catering, Accounting, Marketing, Revenue Management and Human Resources. The MIT will experience learning the operations, financial, workflows and skills needed for the running of the hotel. In addition the program includes building relationships and fundamentals for future roles while developing supervisory, managerial and leadership skills. The MIT will attend Oxford Collection Supervisory Training and all customer service trainings. This position will travel to different locations and rotate through the different departments. The goal of the program is for the individual to apply for a position of interest as it becomes available within the company.
This position will report to the Training and Development Manager. Weekly one on one meetings will review the progressions through the MIT program as well as the cultural aspects of the company. This is the opportunity for the MIT to address any challenges, success and address any questions or developmental ideas and provide feedback.
- Adaptability/Flexibility – Ably modifies or shifts behavior as situation or objectives evolve. Demonstrates open-mindedness.
- Learning/Growth Ability – Seeks growth opportunities, self-motivated to develop expertise or gain new skills or knowledge.
- Company Character – Exhibits positive attuite towards company, organizational direction and employees in general.
- Professional Appearance
- Interpersonal Communication – Relates well to people in verbal and written form. Builds professional rapport within the organization and outside of the organization.
- Team Orientation – Works will with diverse workforce. Works cooperatively with others, establisher rapport, and is organizationally sensitive.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Two or four year college degree preferred
- At least two years progressive experience in a hotel or related hospitality field
- Must be a United States citizen or possess a valid work permit
- Must have strong computer skills
- Must have excellent organization and time management skills
- This position will require extended overnight travel to different hotels
- Long hours sometimes required, including nights, evenings and weekends
- Overnight travel is required
- Must be able to perform simple grasping, fine manipulation, and repetitive hand & arm movements frequently, and squeezing & overhead reaching occasionally:
- Must be able to work indoors or outside;
- Must be able to stand on feet throughout the day;
- Must be able to frequently lift up to 20 lbs. and occasionally lift up to 50 lbs. with assistance;
- Must be able to bend, squat crawl, kneel, push, pull, walk on uneven surfaces on an occasional basis;
- While primarily an indoor job, must be able to walk outside in a variety of weather conditions (rain, wind, snow, heat);
- Must be able to climb stairs occasionally, both indoors and outside in a variety of weather conditions (rain, wind, snow, heat).
The Oxford Collection of hotels is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all candidates and employees without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills, and experiences within our workforce.
All offers are contingent on preemployment screening.
To apply for this job please visit oxfordcollection.hrmdirect.com.