Website Oxford Collection
Join the Oxford Collection of hotels as an Area Sales Manager overseeing the sales efforts of Oxford Suites, Paso Robles and Oxford Suites Pismo Beach. We are a Bend, Oregon based company with hotels located in Washington, Oregon, California and Idaho. We are continuing to grow with the addition of a new hotel in Chico CA and Hillsboro OR. This opportunity does include travel between Paso Robles and Pismo Beach.
We offer competitive benefits which include, bonus program, medical benefits, company matched 401K, career growth through mentorship program, lodging discounts, paid time off and holiday pay.
The Area Sales Manager is responsible for generating new business, growing existing accounts, implementing Oxford Collection of hotels programs, mentoring and growing sales staff, achieving monthly room revenue goals and increasing market share penetration for multiple hotel locations. This position Leads sales coordinators to maximize revenue potential by achieving monthly, quarterly and annual profitable sales revenue goals and is responsible for direct sales efforts to corporate, government and group clientele. The Area Sales Manager will establish and maintain excellent working relationships with current clients and future business prospects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
All duties and responsibilities of this position are to be performed with exceptional caring and genuine guest service upholding the Oxford Collection of hotels standards and culture at all times.
Sales Efforts (65%):
Utilize Hotelligence report and other industry information to generate new business and increase current accounts. Cultivate accounts (new and current), target accounts and existing accounts, encouraging cross selling properties. Effectively communicate with accounts to maintain business relationships and generate revenue. Maintain an active pipeline of prospects and follow up on or delegate leads to book strong and profitable business for the hotels. Actively participate in industry related and community organizations. Entertain and network with clients on site at hotel receptions and at off-site locations. Maintain integrity, confidentiality, and sensitivity when working with both internal and external clients & guests while adhering to cleanliness and sanitation standards.
Perform all tasks in compliance with federal, state, local, food safety and sanitation requirements and Oxford Collection of hotels safety standards and security procedures. Be knowledgeable about and able to respond to emergency situations. Report any maintenance repairs needed immediately to their supervisor or General Manager.
Generate and analyze data and reports by maintaining sales database, completing weekly, monthly and quarterly sales reports, individual contact reports and traces. Develop and implement weekly and quarterly sales action plans. Work with GM to ensure property website, PMS, GDS and extranet sites are updated displaying current and accurate information.
Sales Leadership (10%):
Responsible for the performance management process of the property sales coordinators, ensuring all sales associates are trained in accordance with the Company Sales Process. Assist sales coordinators with account deployment, group and event management, regular comp shops, and rate reviews. Develop the sales teams through ongoing coaching, feedback, development opportunities and training. Assist the Regional/Area Director of Sales and GM with performance management, performance reviews, hiring, and employee relations effectively anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems in the workplace.
Collaborate with GM/AGM, Maintenance, Housekeeping, and Front Desk to provide and maintain show rooms and vacant meeting room set-ups. Maintain organized work areas while adhering to sanitation and cleanliness standards. Assist GM and Regional/Area Sales Director with appropriate reports and special projects and other hotel related duties as assigned.
- Business Expertise – Understands this industry; its standards, practices and processes
- Results Focused – Consistently delivers results
- Managerial Focused – Guides people and processes to achieve objectives
- Negotiation Skills – Successfully closes negotiations
- Sales, Persuasion, Influence – Establishes rapport and trust, overcomes objections
- Interpersonal Communication – Relates well to people
- Customer Service – Understands and meets the needs of customers
- Company Character – Supports company vision and values
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3+ years of Sales experience preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office products
- Hospitality Experience preferred
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
- Valid driver license and proof of insurance
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evening, weekends and holidays
- Regular and reliable attendance
- Ability to travel
- Must be able to perform simple grasping, fine manipulation, and repetitive hand and arm movements frequently
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds occasionally and often exert up to 20 pounds of force to push, pull, carry, lift or otherwise move objects
- Must be able to bend, squat, crawl, kneel, push, pull, and walk on uneven surfaces on an occasional basis
- While primarily an indoor job, must be able to walk outside in a variety of weather conditions (rain, wind, snow, heat)
- Must be able to climb stairs both inside and outside in a variety of weather conditions
The Oxford Collection of hotels is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all candidates and employees without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills, and experiences within our workforce.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.