Do you thrive in a fast-paced work environment where your team depends on you for tracking important and time sensitive data? Do you have excellent time management and organizational skills? If you answered yes, then we want to hear from you!
Oregon Department of Human Services (ODHS) is looking for a talented individual to serve as an Administrative Assistant for the Child Welfare and Self Sufficiency agencies in the Redmond or Bend area. In this role you will be an integral part of the local management team by providing project support, general coordination and human resources administrative support.
EMPLOYMENT INFORMATION SESSION
If you are interested in hearing more about this position, other positions within ODHS in Central Oregon, benefits, career advancement opportunities and important tips for submitting an application, you are welcome to join an informational meeting via Teams. Some of our staff will be there to share information and answer questions. This is not part of the interview process and is open to the public.
First Monday of every month from 4 to 5 pm PST. Join on your computer or mobile app Click here to join the meeting Or call in (audio only) +1 971-277-2343,,387820144# United States, Portland
Third Monday of every month from 4 to 5 pm PST. Join on your computer or mobile app Click here to join the meeting Or call in (audio only) +1 971-277-2343,,270032421# United States, Portland
Oregon Department of Human Services (ODHS), A place to belong and make a difference!
- When you join the ODHS, you join a community of over 10,000 employees dedicated to serving and helping Oregonians achieve wellbeing and independence through opportunities that protect, empower, respect choice, and preserve dignity.
- Connect with ODHS Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and find a place to belong, build community and participate in shared learning. ERGs are employee-driven committees that support each other as well as the ODHS’ overall mission and vision.
- We are committed to building an antiracist and equitable agency. Equity is foundational to our role as a human services agency, and we are committed to integrating equity into all we do. The Equity North Star has four points that explain the agency’s goals related to equity, inclusion, and racial justice.
- We know that life is unpredictable and ODHS cares about keeping you well. Enjoy a work-life balance, 11 paid holidays a year, flexible work schedules, and competitive benefits packages including health, dental, vision and much more!
- If you have federal student loan debt or are thinking of going back to school, then you might benefit from the Student Loan Forgiveness Program. If you make 120 qualifying payments on your student loan while working full-time for a qualifying employer, your student loan debt may be forgiven.
What you need to qualify
Two years of experience as an administrative specialist or executive support specialist which included administrative support for a project, program, or operation. Administrative support includes those duties beyond clerical/secretarial such as: interpretation of laws, rules, and regulations; administrative data collection and analysis; and evaluation of projects, processes, and operations; OR
an equivalent combination of training and experience.
One year of postsecondary education may be substituted for up to one year of the experience.
We are looking for candidates with:
- Organizational Skills: Ability to remain organized and prioritize work tasks and responsibilities appropriately. Must be self-motivated and have good time management skills. Able to track multiple projects and adhere to deadlines.
- Accuracy and Attention to Detail: Ensure you have a complete understanding of your assignment and ability to review complex data to provide comprehensive reviews and track appropriate follow up actions needed.
- Computer Skills: Adept in usage and functionality of computers, web browsers, and Microsoft programs such as Excel spreadsheets and OneNote. Ability to learn and use multiple systems in tandem for research, tracking and data management.
- Approachable and Collaborative: Demonstrated commitment to developing relationships that establish trust, approachability, and adaptability amongst individuals with diverse learning and communication styles. Inclusive and respectful of others’ contributions and ideas.
- Verbal and Written Communication: Skilled in communicating effectively with diverse groups on a one-to-one basis and in group settings to provide information and advice or give assistance.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: Demonstrates a commitment to continued learning and contributing to an inclusive and anti-racist workplace.
Please be sure to clearly describe how you meet these attributes within your application materials. You are welcome to provide a cover letter to support how you meet the essential attributes of this position. These attributes will be used to determine which candidates will be selected to move forward in the process. Make sure to read the ‘How to Apply’ section for any other requirements.
Your duties at a glance
As a Administrative Specialist 2, you will provide support to the District 10 management teams for both Child Welfare and Self Sufficiency programs.
- Be part of creating and supporting an inclusive environment.
- Maintain, update, and create personnel documents and employee records.
- Complete non-management tasks related to tracking staff and position data, tracking and completing forms during the hiring process, and maintaining organizational charts.
- Provide administrative support by sending notices, tracking responses, scheduling meetings, recording and distributing meeting minutes, and managing paperwork throughout its lifecycle.
- Act as the administrative assistant to the District Manager and Program Managers.
- Support and assist with coordination of training events and meetings.
- Assist with special projects as assigned.
- Develop procedures, administrative systems and forms necessary to complete work and ensure efficient flow of information, workflow, and delivery of services.
- Constant public contact, including contact with customers under stressful conditions.
- High volume of computer work/keyboarding in a fast-paced team environment with shared work spaces.
- Requires a valid driver’s license or other acceptable method of transportation.
- The work schedule for this position will be determined by business need.
- Also based on business need, this position may be relocated to other offices or to out-stationed sites within the district.
How to apply
Your work history profile, cover letter, and resume are the perfect opportunity to highlight your interest in the position and showcase your skills and experience that make you the best candidate for the position.
- Please upload a resume or complete the Workday history profile. Note: Your resume and cover letter may be uploaded in the Resume/CV field on the online application.
- A cover letter is not required for this application. However, you may attach one if you wish. This may help the manager understand better how you possess the essential attributes.
- Current State of Oregon employees: Apply via your employee Workday account.
- If you are not a current State of Oregon employee: view this application instructional video.
- After you submit your application, you will have additional tasks to complete in Workday. Please continue to check your Workday account throughout the recruitment process.
- Finalists for this position will be subject to a computerized criminal history and abuse check. Adverse background information will be reviewed and could result in withdrawal of a conditional job offer or termination of employment.
- The Oregon Department of Human Services does not offer visa sponsorship. Within three days of hire, you will be required to complete the US Department of Homeland Security’s I-9 form confirming authorization to work in the United States. ODHS will use E-Verify to confirm that you are authorized to work in the United States.
For D10 / Central Oregon postings, if you wish to enquire more about the position that is posted, please email us at: email@example.com
- This position is represented by the Service Employees International Union (SEIU).
- This recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies.
- Have questions about Workday, and want some tips on understanding the state application process? Check out our Oregon job opportunities page.
- If you need an accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), have questions or need assistance with the application process, please contact Brent Lawrence via email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include the job requisition number.
To apply for this job please visit oregon.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.