We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are actively working to build an equitable agency with the Equity North Star as our guide toward our vision of an agency free of racism, discrimination and bias. We believe that teams in which everyone can show up as their full authentic self are key to creating a thriving workforce that can better serve communities. We welcome members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, LGBTQIA2S+ community members, and others to apply.
Do you want the opportunity to match the needs of people in the community with available federal, state and local programs or other resources to meet those needs? Do you want to be part of a diverse workforce that collaborates and learns from each other to improve services that supports the elderly, people with disabilities and communities? Then, we want to hear from you!
Aging and People with Disabilities (APD), part of the Oregon Department of Human Services, is seeking 2 (two) dedicated and compassionate individuals for an Office Specialist 2 in the Bend office.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Click here to learn more about Aging and People with Disabilities.
Oregon Department of Human Services (ODHS), A place to belong and make a difference!
- When you join the ODHS, you join a community of over 10,000 employees dedicated to serving and helping Oregonians achieve wellbeing and independence through opportunities that protect, empower, respect choice, and preserve dignity.
- Connect with ODHS Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and find a place to belong, build community and participate in shared learning. ERGs are employee-driven committees that support each other as well as the ODHS’ overall mission and vision.
- Enjoy a work-life balance, 11 paid holidays a year, flexible work schedules, and competitive benefits packages including health, dental, vision and much more!
YOUR DUTIES AT A GLANCE:
In this position, the majority of your day will be working in a team environment helping individuals and families seeking services by providing specialized assistance at the front desk and on the phone. This position helps to guide customers of the Aging and People with Disabilities population through the sharing of rules, policies, procedures and programs in collaboration with other branch staff. You will be responsible for making decisions regarding requests for information from the public and entering that confidential information into the ONE system. Decisions could also include referring Oregonians to community resources or making appointments with the Oregon Department of Human Services for requested services. This position also may include a wide variety of data entry such as processing payroll and provider payments. Will also be responsible for other financial and administrative tasks in support of the branch office operations.
Work is performed in the office Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm. Works primarily at the front desk in a general office environment. May come into contact with upset, and/or difficult people.
WHAT YOU NEED TO QUALIFY/MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS(MQ’s):
- Two years of general clerical experience, one year of which included typing, word processing, or other experience generating documents; OR
- An Associate’s degree; OR
- Graduation from a private school of business with a certificate AND one year of general clerical experience.
- Face-to-face customer service experience in an office setting
- Experience gathering information from customers to help determine the type of services to meet the needs of the customer
- Experience with repetitive data entry
- Experience handling a high volume of multiple tasks with competing deadlines
- Experience working with a variety of software and/or databases in an office setting
**Clearly describe how you meet the minimum qualifications and essential attributes within your application materials. These attributes will be used to determine which candidates will be selected to move forward in the process.
HOW TO APPLY
Your work history profile, cover letter, and resume are the perfect opportunity to highlight your interest in the position and showcase your skills and experience that make you the best candidate for the position.
- Current State of Oregon: Apply via your employee Workday account. (This includes permanent and limited duration employees; temporaries are not counted as internal candidates). View this job aid for help.
- If you are not a current State of Oregon employee, view this application instructional video.
- Please upload a resume OR complete the work history profile. Note: Your resume and cover letter may be uploaded in the Resume/CV field on the online application. **Emailed resumes and cover letters will not be accepted; they must be attached to your Workday application to be considered.
- After you submit your application, you will have additional tasks to complete in Workday. Please continue to check your Workday account throughout the recruitment process.
- Finalists for this position will be subject to a computerized criminal history and abuse check. Adverse background information will be reviewed and could result in withdrawal of a conditional job offer or termination of employment.
- The Oregon Department of Human Services does not offer visa sponsorship. Within three days of hire, you will be required to complete the US Department of Homeland Security’s I-9 form confirming authorization to work in the United States. ODHS will use E-Verify to confirm that you are authorized to work in the United States.
- This position is represented by the Service Employees International Union (SEIU).
- This recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies.
- Have questions about Workday, and want some tips on understanding the state application process? Check out our Oregon job opportunities page.
- If you need an accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) to participate in the application or selection process, please contact ADA.DHS@dhsoha.state.or.us. Please be sure to include the job requisition number.
- For questions about the job duties or application process, please contact Amy.Acree@dhsoha.state.or.us. Please be sure to include the job requisition number.
To apply for this job please visit oregon.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.