Website Opportunity Foundation
Opportunity Foundation of Central Oregon is seeking a mission-driven Executive Director to join our team!
- Pay: $90,000 – $105,000/year
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance; Life & STD Insurance; Aflac; Employee Assistance Program; Generous PTO Program; Paid Holidays
- Location: 835 E Hwy 126 – Redmond, OR 97756
- Schedule: Monday – Friday
Who We Are:
Since 1965, the Opportunity Foundation of Central Oregon has worked to empower people of diverse abilities. As a local nonprofit 501c(3), Opportunity Foundation provides work skills development, community job coaching, residential care giving and more to Central Oregonians with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Come and see our mission for yourself by visiting one of our stores in Redmond and Madras, and our new coffee shop and internship program. Whether in search of employment, independent living, social interaction, or personal growth, we provide personalized support so people with intellectual and developmental disabilities have the opportunity to reach their goals and make their dreams come true.
To learn more, check out our website: https://www.opportunityfound.org/
Opportunity Foundation of Central Oregon is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are dedicated to creating an inclusive atmosphere for all employees.
The role of the Executive Director is to provide consistent achievement of the organization’s mission and financial objectives. The Executive Director will work closely with the Divisional Directors and the Program Leadership to support and enhance the mission, vision, and values of the Opportunity Foundation.The Executive Director will work closely with the Divisional Directors and the Program Leadership to support and enhance the mission, vision, and values of the Opportunity Foundation.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assure that the organization has long-range strategies which achieve its mission.
- Provide leadership in developing program, organizational, and financial plans with the Board of Directors and staff.
- Promote Opportunity Foundation’s vision, mission, and values in the communities.
- Represent Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities as needed on local and State work groups, committees, and coalitions with DD Services.
- Participate and lead involvement on legislative and advocacy efforts at the local and state level.
- Take ownership of all internal and external communication and publications surrounding the condition of the organization, relationships, and organization activities, programs, and goals.
- Represent client needs through program agendas and point of view of the organization to agencies, organizations, and the public.
- Encourage staff development and ensure that an effective management team is in place.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining sound financial practices; working with staff, Finance Committee, and the Board to prepare budgets.
- Review all payables, approving expenditures, budget development and contract negotiation for all organizational programs.
- Oversee the operations of building ownerships including financing, leasing, maintenance, and upkeep.
Who You Are:
The ideal candidate will have an awareness of current local, national, and global economic and political issues and a complete understanding of the business models in use within the industry. This individual will have a positive work ethic, desire to go beyond the normal required duties in terms of attitude and relationships within the foundation and community.
Other qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in social services or related field, master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of progressive managerial experience.
- Budget development and management experience.
- In-depth knowledge of developmental and intellectual disabilities and rehabilitation systems.
- Experience working with persons with developmental or intellectual disabilities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to pass Oregon DHS criminal background check and financial background check.
- Must possess a valid Oregon driver license and acceptable driving record.
To apply for this job please visit opportunityfound.applicantpool.com.